Our travel agent raved about the Shangri-La Singapore, saying it was one of the best in the world, in his opinion. He said he would notify his contacts at the hotel to give us some VIP treatment. So at check-in I came with high expectations. Things looked promising when reception announced that we were being upgraded.
But alas, they put us into a bland, soulless, musty two-bedroom two-bath on the third floor at the Shangri-La Apartments. My heart sank when I saw the place. I suppose they considered it to be an upgrade, but I’m wondering if I might have been happier in a standard hotel room with a bit more style on a higher floor with maybe a view.
Also the tiles of the pool at the Shangri-La Apartments could use a scrub. They were a bit fuzzy from lack of use, I think. The big pool at the hotel complex didn’t have that problem.
I came away disappointed with my experience at the Shangri-La.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La Apartments blend thoughtful layouts with enticing recreational options. Fully furnished apartments are well-appointed with crisp, contemporary design in earth tones. Residents also enjoy privileged access to all facilities and services of Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore during their stay in these short-term apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Apartments Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Apartments Singapore