Lowest prices for your stay
Special rate available
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews geylang area mrt station walking distance mountbatten hawker
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2019

The room is rather large.There is a refrigerator in the room, the room is very clean, although the appearance is average,.Good value for money. Sebastian is a good person and help me a lot, thanks for his help.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

Extremely noisy hotel in a bad neighborhood.
In 3 nights here I was awake by other guests shouting and banging doors between 6 and 7 am. After guests leave, it comes the housekeeping. That means I must go to bed at 10pm if I wish to have a normal 8 hours sleep.
I called reception several times so they could fix it but as the noise continued I presume the hotel is not to interested on fixing this issue. So far, I can only say :
One star is a big compliment.

Trip type: Traveled with family
GlobalPremiumHotels, Owner at Ibis Budget Singapore Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear Jorge,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your stay with us.

Here at Fragrance Hotel, we are committed to providing a pleasant Fragrance experience to all of our guests. Since receiving your feedback, I have launched an investigation to identify the reasons for your displeasure.

From my investigation via CCTV, my Front Desk received a call from you at 06:51 about the noise level. When he went up to assist in resolving the matter, he found that the noise level had returned to normal. Subsequently at 23:22 on the same night, you came down to the Front Desk to lodge another complaint, to which my colleague offered to change your room. She had personally accompanied you to the proposed room, but you did not accept our gesture of goodwill. My colleague also conveyed your feedback to the tour leader of the respective group.

We would also like to thank you for your remarks to my colleagues about "playing loud music outside the doors of hotel guests at 3 in the morning if you were unable to rest", which has kept our Front Office team vigilant throughout the entire night.

We have gone beyond a reasonable amount of care in addressing your complaints. We hope our response has cleared up the misunderstanding surrounding this incident.

Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2019

This hotel is pretty standard for its price in Singapore. My friends and I stayed for a night and had an alright experience. The area the hotel is in felt safe and we walked to a Hawker center during the day. I do wish there were more things around the hotel but calling an Uber/Grab worked perfectly fine to get everywhere!

Overall the hotel felt very small (from the lobby to the rooms) but it served its purpose. We were in a triple room which had a double bed and a twin bed. Somehow we managed to fit our luggage but more space would definitely be nice! There are some basic amenities like coffee and a TV in the room. I found no issues with the bathroom.

One thing to note is that the walls are quite thin to the hallways so you will hear other visitors who may be loud and inconsiderate. Not sure how much sleep we got that night, but at least it was a decent place to sleep. Check out was easy and we were able to store our luggage while we went out during the day. For the price you pay, it is as expected!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank crystalwhistle

Dear Crystalwhistle,

Thank you for leaving us a detailed review of your stay with us at Fragrance Hotel - Crystal!

We are pleased you have had an enjoyable Fragrance experience.

As Singapore is pretty small, all buildings (including hotels across our city) are affected by the land constraint, which results in generally more compact configuration of hotel rooms. Nevertheless, our rooms have been carefully designed to balance comfort and affordability in an economy-tier hotel.

We hope to serve you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

The room is rather large. That's a good point. However it was really noisy, eventhough I had contacted the management in advance to ask for a quiet room. They placed me next to the elevator (sorry, fully booked blabla). Every morning wake up at 7.30 when not earlier due to Chinese groups gathered at the same level, packing in the corridor...when it was not by the cleaning staff talking from one part of the corridor to the other end. But strange enough no noise from outside.
In addition, the room was not really clean : stains on the floor, outside the toilette bowl, crumbs on the floor...
WiFi is reliable, TV has poor channel choice. They don't have breakfast but there is tea and coffee in the room. Hot shower.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear CDGSYD,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us could have been better.

We try our best to fulfill all of our guests' requests, contraints permitting. As our hotel often runs on full occupancy, we might not have been able to assign a room of your preference during your check-in process.

I have highlighted your feedback to our Housekeeping Team to be more mindful of our guests' rest, especially in the mornings, as well as to raise the standards of our housekeeping services.

Thank you for letting me know how we can improve ourselves.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

Quite hotel with ac and clean comfortable rooms. Not far from the metro and a $10 ride in a taxi to central Singapore. Its slap bam in the middle of the red light district but we didn't get any hassle.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank LukeBarnett
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Budget Singapore Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Dear LukeBarnett,

I am pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us!

It means a lot to us to hear that our room and the hotel's accessible location had met your needs as a traveller.

Yes, the Geylang district is as safe as any other part of Singapore, and it is one of the most authentic and vibrant areas of the city. Travellers staying here can explore this interesting neighbourhood by admiring conservation shophouses and marvelling at the diverse places of worship that dot Geylang's urban landscape.

We thank you for your patronage and we are happy that you enjoyed the comfortable and affordable accommodation which Fragrance Hotel has been known for.

Regards,