I come to Singapore 4-5 times a year for work and previously would stay near or around Bugis Junction as most of my business was done nearby at Suntec Towers. I only stumbled onto this hotel in 2008 when most of Singapore was booked out and this was one of the few hotels that still had rooms left (albeit expensive rooms on that particular trip) so this was where I headed
Things didn't exactly go well the 1st trip. A late night checkin of around 10:30pm was compounded by a staff member checking me into an already occupied room. It was not a pleasant experience for neither she nor I when I walked in with the rooms occupant in a state of undress.
Anyway after that drama everything else during my subsequent stays have been just fine
- Free High Speed internet is a big bonus. Other hotels in Singapore charge upwards of $30 a night so count this inclusion into the rate. As a business traveler this is brilliant
- Beds are super comfortable.
- Rooms are spotless
- Maxwell Food Centre is directly across the road. The famous chicken rice shop ($3) is located in the food court.
- The fixed price lunch (3 courses) is a bargain! Especially considering that a buffet breakfast is $28 and this is not much more
- Concierge are exceptional
- Close to 2 MTR stations and Chinatown
- 7/11 is 50 metres away for drinks are snacks
- I am not a big fan of the 2nd wakeup call, yes I know why they do it but its always at the worse time (loo or shower)
- The standard rooms are small, but adequate. Get premium or higher if you want some space
- Desk Chairs are uncomfortable for long periods. As a business traveller I would prefer an ergonomic chair not a a luxe furniture piece
- Some rooms are very far away from front desk
- A/C is loud. but I'm a heavy sleeper so not a big deal for me
Overall this is my new favorite hotel in Singapore. As a business traveller it has everything you need. As a Leisure Traveller I would book here with no hesitation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scarlet Singapore, Singapore's first luxury boutique hotel, has made a bold statement, both locally and internationally, by preserving and combining the architectural styles of Singapore heritage buildings with a striking, audacious concept. Vivacious and uninhibited, the interiors of this 80-room hotel pulsate with an eclectic tension, offering all who enter an adventure for the senses. Using signature red and combining it with opulent gold and sophisticated black, the hotel decor's provocative style is followed through in the rooms including 5 individually-themed suites, each with a tantalizing name - Splendour, Passion, Opulent, Lavish and Swank. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Scarlet Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scarlet Hotel Singapore
- Scarlet Singapore
- Scarlett Hotel Singapore
- The Scarlet Singapore