“A must go if you are in Singapore!”
Review of Truffle Gourmet - CLOSED

Truffle Gourmet
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“A must go if you are in Singapore!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Excellent truffle dishes and tasty cocktails, I'll go back next time i come to Singapore.
Very nice also just for a drink especially when the street closes during the weekend.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Marco M

Singapore, Singapore
“Impeccable food and service!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

A group of us went to Truffle Gournet for a company function. Chef Felix arranged an Omakase dinner for us and each dish was a surprise as we left it up to him without pre-ordering. We lost count of how many novelties were served to us, probably more than 8. We especially loved the scampi prawns (imported from Italy!), the medium-well done pork with potatoes (which we really thought was wagyu beef) and the classic berries dessert. We also received top notch service, though the restaurant was full house. As it was a farewell cum welcome dinner, Felix even thought of creating some special desserts for the two stars of the night. If you are looking for a good Italian restaurant for a company function, Truffle Gourmet will be your first choice.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank fromll
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful experience that made my day!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

It was an unforgettable experience for me and my friends at Truffle Gourmet. We tried the Carpasante, Tagliolini aglio olio, risotto parmigiano and plin agnolotti and i all can say it was dish after dish of impressive taste. Not to forget the generous serving of truffle. What surprised us was Chef Felix actually prepared a special dessert platter for us. It was so well displayed and presented you could literally call it an artpiece. Not just looks, but all the dessert items on the plate tasted great. The warm chocolate from the lava cake flowed and melted in our mouths. It was rich but not too sweet, just perfect. The panna cotta with extra virgin oil also definitely is worth a mention. It was a great surprise to us that the taste blended so well together. Another great idea & creation from the chef i guess. All in all it was a great Friday night well spent. I will definitely be coming back for more, so are my friends. Kudos to Chef Felix and his team for creating this wonderful dinner experience with impeccable service and great food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank akong83
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, beautiful plating”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went to truffle gourmet for dinner one Friday evening. Club street has a carnival atmosphere on Fridays and Saturdays since the roads are closed to cars and restaurants are allowed to set up tables on the road.

We opted to sit inside the restaurant so that we could watch the chefs at work. The kitchen is open concept so you can see the magic that goes into the food. The food served was delicious and the chef used edible flowers as part of the plating. Lovely.

At the end of the meal, the chef served a dessert sampler, where he took the time to explain each dessert and the ingredients that went into it. I like how simple ingredients could be used to create something so layered and complex.

Truly a delicious experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank StephFong
Perth, Western Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trufflicious!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Chef Felix & the Truffle Gourmet team provide their guests with the whole dining experience from service through to atmosphere to utterly fantastic food.

Maître d' Wayne is an attentive & cheeky host who made sure that I had everything I needed & regularly stopped by to check that all was well with my food.

I've been to truffle degustation a before but had never experienced any as good as the one that Chef Felix & Chef Takashi prepared for me. The servings of truffle were extremely generous & each dish
an exsquisite balance of
flavours & textures.

Prosciutto with Japanese vegetables & truffled chess was really light, sweet, and accompanied by homemade focaccia which was a reminder of the Italian heart of this restaurant.

There was melting veal tartare, with Parmesan, and truffle caviar, beetroot sliver, chives, & sea salt. The truffle caviar - gelatinous morsels of truffle juice - was served on a mother of pearl spoon

The deliciousness kept coming: a 60c 60min egg, with foie gras, mushrooms, truffle salt & a heaps of shaved truffle over the top, then crispy omedei (fish) withasparagus, olive tapenade, rocket, & mushroom.

I had a moment when I tasted the wagyu with cherry toms, rocket, & Parmesan, when I thought I'd died & gone to heaven. If you have never tried this luscious cut of meat (imported from Japan) then you need to - soon.

The meal finished with chocolate cake with truffle cream and lemon sorbet with crumb. Oh, the truffle cream!!!! One of the highlights of my evening (along with the egg & the wagyu)

I've recommended Truffle Gourmet to all my Australian friends who are travelling to Singapore. There's so much love in the restaurant - love of food, care for customers.

I raise my chilled glass of Limoncello to Chef Felix & team & say 'Salute!'

• Visited March 2014