The InnCrowd Hostel
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$171
$357
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$528
$312
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$214
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsscooter tourfree scooterboiled eggslittle indiasmall indianshared kitchenoffer free breakfastsocial areafree tea and coffeecommon areaspast midnightdays nightsshower pressuremrt stationcouple of nightsdormcomputers
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for all of one night in july... we arrived off our night train and after a little wander stumbled across this place, it seemed amazing with free internet and free breakfast , and it had been mentioned in the lonely planet etc so we checked in at 1030... however, as soon as we paid we got told that we would nto be alowed to go to our dorm untill 1230, which wasnt the greatest news after 10hours on a seating night train, and we couldnt get a refund to change hostels - we were nackered. after hanging around and killing time we then went to the dorm, you make your own bed and there are no towels provided, on top of this there are also no blankets, duvets or anything to cover yourself with so some people stayign there used their wet towels as blankets at night. not only this, the aircon is only on from 8 in the evening til 7 in the moring, not that this matters because even with the aircon on the room is so hot, stuffy and smelly because about 20 beds are cramed into one tiny room. yes ok there is free internet.. remeber the days of dial up - yeh its slower than this.. also free breakfast is only around for so long as its first come first serve so dont hold your breath on getting a slice of bread in the morning. ok, positives - the showers here are actrually amazing!! hot or cold and good water pressure so you can actually get all the dirt of you if you have been travellign around for a while, also they do provide a map which is kinda helpful.. there is a seating area and a stage like thing to sit on, but a syou can imagine, 10 rooms all full of 20 bed dorms makes a place like this pretty crowed and we were there in the low season. tbh there are so many cheaper options nearby, this was a waste of money for what it was and definitaly wouldnt recomend it if you are looking to have a nap in the day after a long journey even gettign changed in the dorm after having a shower make syou sweatier than going for a run outside. not best pleased.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed at the InnCrowd Dunlop st., Little India for 4 nights as a backpacker transitting through Singapore to Sydney, AUS. This was my first backpacker's place and I must say that it will stay as number one on my list of places to return to.
My mixed dorm was clean (no bedbugs), other occupants were great, common showers and toilets kept clean, staff very friendly (Hai - the owner cares about the place and guests), location was great for the price. Ideal for a backpacker who wants to get the most out of his/her stay.
The 24 hour reception staff here was very friendly and helped me how to get the most out of my 4 days & nights in Singapore at any time. Acces to the building is allowed to guests by using a card. The FREE breakfast is great, to get you started in the morning, you can go shopping for fresh fruit and other cheap stuff just by the hostel or wander into SimLim sq. (5-10mins.walk) for cheap electronics. The FREE internet you can use when Jet-lagged or just in the late nights to chat with your friends. You can use your WiFi enabled laptop or one of the FREE to use computers. You might also ask to borrow a scooter, Lonely Planet Guides or get lucky and be offered a trip or tour somewhere. Locker or safe (at the reception) is available if you have something valuable or you just don't want it lying around. There is always something to do and somewhere to go. Once you are about to leave, you can use a cheap and friendly shuttle to the airport.
I met many other backpackers here and had plenty of fun. This was also a great place to shop around for electronics and camera accesories before going for a long trip to Australia. Many people staying here are also going to/from other destinations (Australia, SE Asia, Indonesia, Europe, etc.) so don't be shy and ask around. You might get some very useful tips for your next travels as I did...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I read the Lonely Planet to look for a hostel in Singapore. But it was a wrong decision after all we had come across.

My girlfriend and I stayed in mid-April 2011 for two days and were allocated a double room on Campbell Lane, which is a two-mintue from the main building, which is on Dunlop Street. Therefore whenever we need internet, breakfast, fridge, TV or any kinds, we have to go back to the main building.

Both the bathrooms and toilets are extremely small. If you hang your clothers on the hook your movement during a shower must be minimal, otherwise your clothers will certainly get wet. The size of the toilet is incredible. When you sit down on the bowl, your knee will touch the door, no doubt. And I'm telling you that I'm not a big man like Van der Sar or Yao Ming.

We can put up with everything, but not the bedbugs. My girlfriend got bitten by 20-30 times just for sleeping there for two nights. To avoid more troubles, we left on the third morning.

On the other hand, InnCrowd provides nice breakfast, free wi-fi, and a friendly environment for backpackers. A parttime Chinese (Singaporean) receptionist with glasses was very friendly and helpful, speaking perfect English and Mandarin. But some other Chinese (Singaporean) staff are nothing but cold, especially if I begin a sentence with Chinese. If you are a 'Westerner', you'll get perfect service. So don't worry.

All in all, InnCrowd is a good place for backpackers who want to make friends as there are many people staying in this hostel. It's cheap too, SG$20 for a dorm bed, SG$10 cheaper than the Checkers Inn, which is just at the opposite of InnCrowd on Campbell Lane. As long as you don't get a bed with bedbugs, your stay should be okay.

Though I won't try my luck next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hayek1313
Reviewed March 30, 2011

nice clean common bathrooms and restrooms. Free wi-fi at Dunlop branch. Self serve breakfast of 2 eggs and unlimited bread with coffee or tea to start your day. Free use of refrigerator, PCs, and you can lounge around to read a book from their library or play a video game. =) Feels like home!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I've been coming here every 3 years for 6 years now to renew a first aid certificate that I use for work. It was the good reviews in the past that drew me to the place before and I've always had a good time but the bad reviews and relatively low rating I saw this time around nearly led me to book elsewhere.

Circumstances conspired to bring me here anyway and I'm very pleased they did.

The hostel is in a great location with fantastic food to be had right on your doorstep. The place is clean with friendly service and all the facilities a guy on a budget could ask for.

Every time I come back the place has been remodeled in some way and always with an eye for improvement. This time around there are more free to use computers, free wifi, a bigger beanbag zone, more double rooms and improved shower facilities. The kitchen has gotten a lot smaller as a result of the downstairs changes but I'm guessing people just weren't making use of the old set up.

They've a big TV and DVD stuff and even a Wii console though I admit this stuff does nothing for me - makes for a major distraction in the evening and is probably a reason for the noise complaints of some people.

I stayed in a dorm (5 bunks =10 beds)and after 2 nights I was sleeping soundly. Can be a bit noisy but that's not the hostel's fault - some backpackers have the social conscience of a newt and think nothing of making a racket late at night by banging doors, turning on lights or talking. And of course there's always someone who snores like a steam train. If this stuff really bugs you - DON'T STAY IN A DORM! Or perhaps just pack some earplugs.

I can't speak for the quality of the double rooms but you probably do want to avoid the one closest to the common area as people stay up pretty late.

The hostel was quite full when I stayed so I heard several people being directed to another building 1 minute away. That has a few double rooms, a dorm and showers but no other facilities so you have to come back to the main bldg for your free breakfast (2 hard boiled eggs and toast with jam), computer and wifi access and chilling out space. Maybe the reception staff don't spell this out when they allocate the rooms in this building which is a mistake on their part because it seems to generate some bad feeling in some customers.

I had a great time and fully expect I'll be back in another 3 years - if not before.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business