“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perak Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Perak Hotel
Ranked #154 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Collingwood, Canada
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Perak was a great location. About 400 meters to the double decker bus stop (which I would highly recommend for getting around) and about 500 meters to the Little India Metro station. The staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast was good, and the lady making it would look after any requests we made of her. Overall it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Book a 2 day ticket on the double deck bus tour, it's only an extra $5 for the extra day. Well w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in December. Perak is in a great location if you want to stay in an area wtih lots of character and a 10 minute walk to 2 train station. Staff were so helpful especially the reception staff and in the breakfast area. The hotel is great value for money for Singapore which is an expensive city, the rooms aren't big but they are clean and have all you need.

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more for the Deluxe room with a window and some natural light.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Perak Hotel is a clean and safe hotel in Little India. Good value for your money, especially in pricey Singapore. We stayed two nights in January. All the staff are friendly. Breakfast is included and they always cooked our eggs to order. The menu was different each morning! The rooms are average size with small bathrooms. Shower is small but the whole place was kept clean. AC worked well. I was not able to get wifi from my room but it was free access from the lobby. We slept well and did not hear much noise from busy Little India. We chose this location because of its easy access to the MRT Station. Getting around is super easy in Singapore! Very good budget hotel for those looking for included breakfast and internet access!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
johor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights.Rooms were not to big but its okey with me.very well maintained. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.had a nice sleep in the comfortable bed.have to more improved about the breakfast.will come again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Needed a room for a 2am arrival in Singapore before a cruise. I booked this ahead of time as the price was reasonable in comparison to other hotels and it was in an interesting ethnic "little India" neiborhood. I was greeted by name when I arrived and taken to a tiny room on the ground floor. It was a bit clostrophobic, like a cell, which was a bit of a shock (and certainly not big enough for any more humans!), but I was tired and it was clean and had a TV (albeit a big, old clunky one). I wanted to relax and watch some TV for a while, but when I turned it on it made some scary hissing noises and there was no picture. I turned it off as it didn't feel safe and I didn't want to go up in flames and miss my cruise! I called the front desk and he came along quickly and I demonstrated the TV malfunction to him. He decided it was indeed a bit alarming, and offered to put me in a better room at no charge. Great!! We lumbered up 2 flights of stairs with my 60 pound suitcase (no elevator here) and the new room was twice as big as the last. It was sparse but clean and the bathroom was bigger, tho the room was tight for two peeps. The TV was a flat screen, so I was happy. I had a nice sleep in the comfortable bed and was suddenly awakened at 5am by the local mosque chanter....but actually I found it quite charming! My only peeve would be that there was little natural light coming in in the morning and a lack of lamps in there to compensate.
In the morning my sister arrived from England to meet me and they were fine with her joining me in my room for a few hours. They supply an adequate breakfast choice, a cute buffet with eggs and baked beans (tho it was all luke warm, it was fresh) and tea and coffee, fruit, cereal, toast, juice, as much as you want. There was even a free public computer that I used for a while. All the staff were super nice and very hospitable. The hotel itself was unusual in its decor, the windows were open onto a rugged street, (it was humid) there were chairs scattered about so you could sit and get some fresh air. There's a koi pond downstairs, lots of bhuddas and plants and old hardwood floors that creak. (there is a note in the room to be aware of this... so not to disturb other people, please walk sofly at night!) I enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this hotel if one does not require much elbow room in their sleeping quarters! It was perfect for me and the staff were super accomodating.

Room Tip: I would say the rooms upstairs are bigger than ground floor ones, but I didn't investigate much.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The staffs are friendly and helpful especially Mike who worked evening shift during our stay from 6th - 8th Feb.

I stayed on the 2nd floor, rooms were not big. There was just enough space to open my suitcase, wouldn't be ideal for 2 persons with 2 big suitcases. Think hotel rooms in Paris.

Bathroom not super modern but adequate for the stay. The window opens to an alley facing another wall with some painting. At night, the alley could be noisy from people chatting or peeing or smoking in there. Not sure what they do but some noises do get its way up to 2nd floor via the window.

There are pubs and bars (Indian style) nearby so do expect some noises. It's not extremely annoying but if you are a light sleeper, might not be pleasant.

There is no lift, you do have to carry your own luggages to your floor. However, the staffs can be helpful at times to help carrying the bags for you especially if you are elderly or female. I was glad that Mike helped carrying mine to 2nd floor as I was 4 months pregnant, my tummy was not big enough to be visible but he kindly offered to bring my suitcase up for me.

I am not sure about the review below which claims that the hotel have a big variety of breakfast, I would say they have basic breakfast with nothing fancy. If it's included in the price, take it, otherwise, take a stroll and have your breakfast somewhere else.

For the same budget (Singapore hotels aren't cheap), I will consider returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MyTasteHisTaste
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at Perak Hotel from Feb 15 till Feb 18. Very pleasant stay and staff exceptional friendly and helpful, especially one Mr Benny. The Hotel is very well looked after, clean rooms and a big variety for breakfast. Altogether we had a very pleasant stay and are thankful for the attendance of Mr Benny. Any time again!

Room Tip: Choose superior rooms for the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family