“A fantastic experience”

NOX - Dine in the Dark
Ranked #12 of 10,515 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Description: At NOX – Dine In The Dark, we invite you to plunge into an intriguing new world of mystery and sensation you have never experienced before, and join us on a culinary journey through taste, smell, touch and sound, in total darkness. Seated in our pitch-black dining room, you will be guided and served by blind or visually impaired individuals that have been specially trained to offer guidance and reassurance to sighted guests. It is truly a rich human experience when the roles are reversed and the blind become your eyes, opening your mind to a deeper consciousness. Also, discover our exquisite menu crafted from the finest ingredients by our Chef de Cuisine and his team, and enjoy our fine wine selection and unique signature cocktails customized for each individual's palate. NOX - Dine in the Dark is definitely more than just dining, it is a unique mind-altering sensory experience! Experience this new European dining trend first-hand and 'see' it for yourself!
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

NOX....meaning "night" in Latin was just that.....kind of funny that a part of this review asks about atmosphere......well, it was pitch black :-).

Halami was our host and what a true SPARTAN he is....ask him what that means.

Dining in the dark was quite the experience. It truly did make me appreciate how some live every day. Remarkable people.

The food experience was fantastic. We were able to identify most of the things that we ate however, there were a few that surprised us. You definitely won't leave feeling hungry. All the different dishes will not only fill your belly, but it will fill you mind as well.

I would highly recommend this to anyone. My guess is if you do it once, you will probably go back with friends.

• Visited May 2014
NOXDineInTheDark, Guest Relations Manager at NOX - Dine in the Dark, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Eric F,

Thank you for highly recommending NOX - Dine in the Dark to others and we are very glad that you had a fantastic experience here with us!

Halimi is a true fighter and it is great to know that he has inspired you during your visit at NOX!

We hope to see you back again with friends to try our new menu next month! Hopefully this time you'll manage to get more dishes correct!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
“Out of the norm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

What we would usually look when dining in a restaurant is the ambience and quality of food. My first experience in NOX on 08 May 2014 was totally extraordinary. Dining in the dark? YES! We were served by professional host, Halimi, together with his colleagues who rendered good services. The food were creatively prepared and delicious. Care was taken to ensure that diners with dietary requirements were served with the right food. Halimi's service was excellent. He made us dine at ease, relaxed and he has also inspired me! It was a marvellous experience!
I can't say more....you've got to give it a try! =)

• Visited May 2014
NOXDineInTheDark, Guest Relations Manager at NOX - Dine in the Dark, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear JoanneWongCC,

It is great to hear that you loved your "out of the norm" experience during your visit with us! We are happy to know that you enjoyed our creatively prepared food and level of service provided.

It is our utmost priority to make sure that guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions receive the right food as it very important especially in a restaurant with a concept like ours.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to inspiring your family and friends like we did for you!

Have a great day ahead!

“Thank you, Halimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dining experience tonight thanks to the fantastic staff and delicious food. We are looking forward to dining again soon.

Visited May 2014
NOXDineInTheDark, Guest Relations Manager at NOX - Dine in the Dark, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear hkf38,

It was great to have you for dinner with us at NOX - Dine in the Dark! It was our pleasure to have served you and we are very happy that you enjoyed our food and level of service provided.

We have conveyed your thanks to Halimi and he is glad to have been of service to you and hopefully left you inspired.

We look forward to meeting you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
“Back again, for another great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

It's been a few months, and I was spurred on to visit again when I had some great friends from Norway visit again, and Martha remarked, I want to visit this "Dine in the Dark" place I heard about. (Apparently not from my previous review though).
So I made reservations, a week ahead, and off we were, to one of the best restaurants I dined at last year.
The nice lounge was well-kept and looked as good as it did my first visit when they first opened, and the friendly smiles were just as warm, and the service now has a more professional and organised feel, making it an even better evening. We ordered wine and cocktails at the lounge and though they were busy, we were never hurried to get to dinner.
My friends showed the same surprise I did on my first visit when our visually-impaired host came to get us from the lounge downstairs to our main event upstairs.
The food was great, served in their prix-fixe menu of 4 each of starters, mains, and desserts. Without being a spoiler, I thoroughly enjoyed their latest menu, which again showed the culinary genius of their chef, with contrasting, yet well-balanced flavours. This time around, I must say, the desserts blew me away. Our host, Halimi (I think) also took time engaging us about his positive outlook in life even after suffering his visual impairment, something I believe everyone can learn from.
Our evening ended with a coffee downstairs back at the lounge and some more wine (who could say no in a nice environment like that?)
Overall, my friends from Norway were totally impressed, even wrecking their brains on how they might try to have a similiar restaurant in Norway, LOL.
My advice to TA readers, go visit NOX, it's an experience you will always remember, and it's well worth a second visit. (I'm planning my third soon). Cheers!

• Visited April 2014
Dear Eugene Lim,

Thank you for spending your evening with us at NOX - Dine in the Dark for the second time and it was our pleasure to have met your friends from Norway during this recent visit!

It is great receiving another glowing and detailed review from you and it always makes us glad that you enjoyed our service, food, as well as drinks. Most importantly, you and your friends embraced our whole concept and enjoyed yourselves and left feeling inspired after listening to Halimi's life story!

We definitely look forward to meeting you again soon (for your third visit)!

Hong Kong, China
“Interesting and special dining experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My boyfriend took me out for a special date night, arrived at the restaurant on Beach Road and already fell in love with their interior on the first floor. Love the service from staff on the first level and of course the great service from Rahamad on the second floor. Not to mention the great food and how the experience actually enhance your sensation, give your taste bud a little test. Being in the dark room, one can enjoy fine dining in the most relax manner too! Not to mention we loooove the bar, and theiir drinks.. we would come again just for the drinks! Overall a very interesting and fun experience, would definitely recommend it to my friends!

• Visited May 2014
NOXDineInTheDark, Guest Relations Manager at NOX - Dine in the Dark, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear tamiho,

It was our pleasure to have served you and your boyfriend during your visit to NOX - Dine in the Dark! We are really happy to know that you loved our food and drinks, as well as the service provided.

We definitely welcome you to come back just for some drinks with friends, or come back to dine with us especially when we change our menu. We always announce our menu changes on Facebook. So "like" us if you have not, and look out for it! We hope to see you back soon!