“Overrated Experience!”

Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Overrated Experience!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had booked with another fine restaurant for my parents 25th Anniversary but since we found this restaurant right outside our hotel, we decided to cancel the former and stick with this! Restaurant was clean and service was efficient. And the view of the bay with yacht parked was scenic as well. Other than that, it was frankly a waste of my money and time. Menu was limited! I cant believe they had no fish or seafood for that matter on their menu. Aparts from their varied starters, we enjoyed nothing else. Food quality of the main course was not of the standards promised by some of the reviews on TripAdvisor! For the amount i ordered and actually enjoyed, the money i paid was extremely heart wrenching! I could have had a better meal cheaper at Jiggs! Overall experience was not what i expected! Good service pales in comparison to poor menu and poor quality and VERY EXPENSIVE food!!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank rai1402

Korea
“Wish we could return...”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The only disappointment we had was we found this restaurant the day before we left to go home. We would of been back for sure! The three of us ate lunch on a nice Saturday afternoon on the deck overlooking the water. It was peaceful and delicious. The salmon my sister had was excellent ( I wish I had the recipe.) My Saag Ghost and my brother in law's Vindaloo were great as well. They had Garlic Naan and I chose a different bread with red chiles. I loved it. Would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat. Great late lunch left so full we never had dinner.

• Visited December 2013
singapore
“Yet Another Crappy Restaurant !”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I made a visit to this restaurant after hearing that it was new.I have tried Rang Mahal, Jiggs Kalra, Go India,Kinara,Khansama, Shish Mahal, Maharaja,Omar Shariff, haas and the list goes on,

I was looking forward to a great dinner here with my family,but then it was disappointing, Its not the restaurant's fault, they are new ,they can improve. Well, decor was ok, big space,good furnitures. We were given I pads,to look through the menu,at that point I just wanted to get up and leave. There isn't much to order !!! the chicken dishes are about 3-4 max. And very expensive…. When I went to another Indian restaurant, we were also given the iPad but there was a function where we could "add" the food and see the total, with helpful staff. Here there was no guide, simply menu given in the hand. But of course ,there was a filipina girl who was nice and friendly. The lady owner also did come and chat with us. Other than that there was no other smile. I think its just not worth what we are paying for. Food came fast, and I like the fact that plates are cleared right after the starters.
I think the best place to go to is Kinara in holland village, expensive also but awesome food. I don't think I will be coming back to this restaurant, unless they widen their menu compared to other restaurants and also bring up the quality of food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank peekyboo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A must for food lovers”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Now thats what I call a good food and dine experience.. I happen to be at the right place at the right time.. one of THE Indian restraunt in singapore.. i along with my family went and had a great time at Earl. Food was just Perfect !!!!.. even it will give run for money to some so called great restraunt in India... service from the owners themselves added value to the overall experience .. must try is their own special Naan and malai chicken kababs along with butter chicken... i will surely be back next year when i visit singapore again and yes still to taste more Amruts!!!.. Thanks aarti.. harsh and yes Ravi !!!!

• Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing Butter Naan, Tongue Licking Butter Naan”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Awesome taste of Butter Naan, I liked almost all the food over there, butter naan was amazing, it was made with so fresh butter, very soft, no words to say. I am in Singapore for the past 10 years and have been to so many restaurants, but never tasted a naan like this. Amazing, the place is so nice calm, peaceful and the service is excellent. From a very busy schedule if u want to take a break u can go here where it is was so peaceful, calm and fantastic food and service.

• Visited November 2013