“Yummy baked goods, average coffee”
Review of Tiong Bahru Bakery

Tiong Bahru Bakery
Ranked #16 of 95 Bakeries in Singapore
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Celebrating Neighbourhoods There’s always that special place in the areas we live.By habit or necessity, there are checkpoints where our paths converge, no matter where our days take us. These are the places where shared moments and experiences connect us – and they eventually come to mean far more than the function it serves. A café doesn’t merely dispense coffee. Neither does a bakery simply cook flour and put them on sale. They are strongholds founded deep in the history of the area it dwells, built upon with stories shared within and around its walls. Where perspectives are challenged, broadened, renewed; and the future can be boldly envisioned with insight and belief. Where friends are made, dreams are shared, and love is found. This unique confluence of the community drives us to excellence and new levels of inspiration in everything we do. We are dedicated to celebrating the individuals, embracing the stories and transforming the living space for people around us. We are dedicated to celebrating neighbourhoods.
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad Tiong Bahru Bakery opened up a branch at a more accessible place like City Hall. The area is much more spacious than the Tangs branch but it affords less privacy and tends to be noisier. It is also less cozy than the original store.

Nevertheless, the baked goods are really quite nice, especially if you have them warmed. The perennial favorite is the croissant, but I also love their unique lemon tart. Coffee is passable, it's quite nice to enjoy your pastry with the coffee but the coffees could be prepared better.

The baked goods are quite pricey but I wouldn't mind giving the other pastries a try if I happen to be in the area.

1  Thank Maria S

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great bakery to grab some lunch the tuna focaccia and quiche lorraine are very good loads of other sweet items to choose from.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visited the Tiong Bahru Bakery outlet at Raffles City a few days ago. It is obviously so popular that people were waiting in a queue for their turns.

I had a sandwich and a couple of sweet items. All 3 things were fabulous ! I was sorely tempted to go back & order some more but I was full. Good value for money & excellent stuff. Will definitely visit regularly in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place has some winners and some fails in the bakery department but I do find that it's among the best coffees in Singapore. That is, if there's a barista available. All too often in the evening, that person seems to go missing. This time, after I had paid, I was told to wait 10 minutes, which became 20 minutes. I was offered my money back as the barista was at a prayer session. How about training one other staff member to fill in then!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Every time I visit here the service really bothers me. I know this is not the type of outlet where we revisit for the service but still it does matter.
Ice Americano is most of the times misplaced...