“I eat satay, therefore ayam satay...”
Review of Kwong Satay

Kwong Satay
Ranked #6,245 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: Geylang
Neighborhood: Geylang
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I looked at my plate with trepidation and thought “thank goodness this is only a pre-dinner snack” - 10 very small chicken skewers, next to some cucumber and a bowl of odd looking peanut sauce. “Surely this is not what all the hype is about?”

Picking up a skewer, I rolled it slowly and purposefully through the peanut sauce until it was well coated. Contemplating how to tackle it, I decided on shoving the entire stick into my mouth, as if devouring it in one hit would add substance to what I was eating and end the entire ordeal sooner.

I was shocked when the juice of the meat shot into my mouth as I bit into it. The meat was perfectly cooked and wonderfully succulent, with the juices complementing the sweet and zesty peanut sauce, which I then realised was blended with pineapple (hence the odd look). Simply delectable!

I have since discovered that the peanut and pineapple sauce is a Peranakan-inspired recipe.
I have also since discovered that the specialty of Kwong Satay in Geylang, the hawker stall responsible for this delicious dish, is actually pork belly satay, followed by pork (babi) satay. So I will be back!

For more information on other dining options in Singapore, see http://singaporehawker.wordpress.com/

1  Thank Braziltraveller2010