All reviews haji lane small mirror sultan mosque hot water halal food few minutes walk recommend this hotel adapter
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Reading many negative comments here. But hey, this is singapore :)

For me :

Pros :
- fast wifi
- smiley staffs
- great location for shopping & culinary

Cons :
- dirty toilet

Other than those above, i had a good sleep!

If I need a larger room and full service hotel, I will upgrade my personal budget and find the other hotel. As simple as that :)

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard_Sembiring
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

The room looks better in dark, and public toilet is cleaner than the hotel’s toilet. Yes that sums up my experience here. Terrible and horrible. It looks class from outside, i guess they tried to invest more on the outlook than the hotel room itself. It’s an old hotel, yes that i can accept but it could’ve been old but clean right. But no, the hotel is old, smelly and dirty especially toilet. I booked the hotel because it’s on promotion with cheap price but I regretted this so much. After I booked it i check the review and I instantly regret my booking reading all the bad review and I right away email them tried to cancel it, with which i have no reply from the hotel. I contacted then by calling but unfortunately i cant cancel it. So when i checked in i instantly regret and disappointed. Smelly old stench in the air, cracked wall painting, and dont get me started on the toilet. Toilet is old and not maintained and dirty, I haven’t even use it and there were hairs on the floor, wth. Disgusted and i have to use slipper to enter toilet and the next day i check out early morning. Of all the hotels ive been to, this gotta be top 3 worse hotel. If you are reading this please consider all these bad review you are reading is for a reason. And the cheap price is also for a reason my friend. With all my heart, i suggest you to find another hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2017

If you just need a place to sleep, this is the value for budget hotel. The room is old and dirty, especially the bathroom. It's too horrible with the door is broken and there is a lot of hair in the bathroom. But wifi is good and this is great location, near bus station (110m and 7eleven is right there), Masjid Sultan (250m), Haji Lane (500m). MRT is a little bit far (Bugis - 650m and Lavender - 600m) but you can catch the bus and then walk about 100m to Bugis MRT Station. There are also many restaurants and eateries around the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThuN291
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

A room at Aliwal Park Hotel was booked for me for my trip to Singapore. I checked the reviews and it alarmed me - itthe overall rate seems ok but when I read further I found several written reviews were actually not too good given the “OK” rating.

The location of the hotel is somewhat good because it is close to certain amenities. However, the room condition was horrible. The first room given to me had no window. It smelled musky due to the lack of ventilation. The room was very small, smaller than the rooms at the regular budget hotels. The bed seems old, not too tidy. The washroom was small, with tiny sink, and signs of mould. Everything there was looked ancient.

When I told the front desk about the musky smells, she ordered the staff to spray with air freshener. I said No and then I was given another room with window.

This room was located at the end of the hall, near the emergency exit. When I arrived, the door to emergency exit and the door’ room (that supposed to be mine were not properly close. This I found a bit strange; we had to use card to get access to our floor in the elevator but the exit doors were not properly locked.

The condition of the room was almost exactly the same as the previous room I saw. The difference was the availability of the window in that room. The window was not big but it was also left opened. It was a screened metal gate like that can’t be locked from the inside. You open it by pushing it; you will pull the rafia ropes that attached to the metal screened to close it.

Not recommended. Too bad I didn’t take any pictures...

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank herasilvi
Reviewed August 21, 2017

One of my considerations of choosing this hotel is only 200 m or 3 minutes walk to the Sultan Mosque and the Indonesian/Malay restaurants in the area. The hotel also right next to the Malay Heritage center. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from lavender or only $4 taxi ride. The famous Haji Lane, Bugis Street and Kampong Glam Cafe is just around the corner. I booked a deluxe room and requested a room with window so the room not felt so small. The room is clean enough. The bathroom has toilet, shower, small mirror, and clean cold and hot water.
My first good impression about the hotel starts from the helpful reception named Julia. She smiles, answer the guest questions politely and even gave me Grab promo code. Overall I recommend this hotel for your stay in Singapore with budget and if you are going with kids it's cheaper than a hostel.
Taxi fare to this hotel from Changi is around $25, $15 to Sentosa and $5 to $10 to most of the attractions in the city.

Room tip: deluxe with windows
Date of stay: August 2017