“A must see in Singapore”

Science Centre Singapore
Ranked #78 of 822 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Science Centre Singapore is dedicated to the promotion of science and technology among students and members of the public. As a leading Science Centre in the region, it has twelve exhibition galleries with more than 1,000 interactive exhibits.
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must see in Singapore”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

1. The ticket is only 12 SGD. Worth every dollar
2. Most attraction is indoor so it's perfect for day visit in the hot Singapore
3. Big area and various things to see
4. Suitable for any age. They even have message chairs inside..

The only downside is the accessability. The MRT station is quite far. But there is bus stop nearby

Visited July 2014

• Thai first
Gold Coast, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“So much fun even for adults”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

As we were staying in Singapore for 2 weeks this time, we decided to take a train ride to go and visit Science Centre. I was a little sceptic as I thought the place was mainly for children but I was pleasantly surprised! The fee of $18 each gave us an entry to the centre and we stayed half the day there enjoying all the little things we didn't even know as an adult! There are so many exhibits and each one of them was all interesting. Some of the things I remember seeing as a kid long time ago such as "trick eye" was so much fun.

If you have children and wanting a day to spend without spending too much money, I would recommend Science centre as one of the place to visit. As a teacher myself, I could easily bring my students here and can imagine them enjoying the day. There were many children and it was really good to see them having so much fun and they didn't even know that they were learning!
Even for adults, it is a bit of an eye opener and refresher. I could've easily spend longer if I had more time.

It is a bit of a way from the the CBD as it would take around 45-60 minutes by train from Orchard or the surrounding areas. But the station you will get off, "Jurong East" has nice shopping centres as well as some local arcades. If you are in Singapore for a few days then not really the place but if you have more time to spare, it would be an interesting and different way to experience Singapore I am sure.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank shigstar
Philippine, The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Recommended for adults and Kids”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The experience was great. kids enjoyed it so much they want to come back everyday. Aside from being interactive, it is very informational. Even adults will learn a lot. thumbs up for the accommodating staff too. Aside form the good presentation, the centre facilities are good.

Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Educational, interactive and fun”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My 4 and 6 year old love the visit especially the human body experience. It made my 6 year old very interested in biology. The queues for some shows can be quite long. Overall, fantastic educational place to take kids to. Will be back again.

Visited July 2014
Adelaide, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Fun For The Whole Family”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fun adventure for all ages - something for everyone. Probably best suited to older children, but the young ones can still wander around and press the buttons on all the displays. The water-play area was a good place to finish. We found it best to catch a taxi from our hotel to the Science Centre.

Visited June 2014