Singapore Philatelic Museum
Review Highlights
Visit before it closes

I've always made a point to drop by when in town. Like to buy the stamps and view the exhibits... read more

Reviewed February 22, 2019
Fenrisp1
via mobile
For stamp lovers and history buffs alike !

Frankly, I am not a stamp lover, but I wanted to take a look at the Little Prince Exhibition that... read more

Reviewed February 9, 2019
heristage
Singapore, Singapore

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

I was really surprised at this Museum. It is a hidden gem in Singapore. The exhabits were absolutely great. It started slow with the reproduction post cards and children areas but the egg display was great. The miniature postal boxes were interesting. The child exhabits was even interesting. I highly recommend and only $S8.00 for an adult.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

The vast collection of Singapore stamps fron colonial days till the present is impressive and well presented. It is worthwhile for stamp collectors of South East Asian stamps to visit and see how a good collection is displayed.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed May 4, 2017

Never really step into this small museum within walking distance from Cityhall MRT station. I am glad I did. There is a rich heritage of stamps and postal history including during the British Colonial Days. Happy to see some stamps I used during my schooling days. Very good memories. There is also 2 rooms that display the 60-70s of Singapore in shophouse and kampong house setting. For the Harry Potter fans, you are in for a treat for some nice fantasy exhibits, not big, but was a nice surprise. I am happy to spend a good 2 hours there.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 4, 2017

As a lapsed stamp collector, it's a nice break from all the malls in Singapore. The limited run Harry Potter exhibit was in a small room, but fun to look at. The gift shop has a lot of old philatelic paraphenelia like stamps, first day covers, etc.

S$8 is a bit much to charge non locals, TBH. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was half price, but still.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed March 28, 2017

I enjoyed this museum but have deducted points for the rather high entry fee for such a small museum and the fact that there were only 2 sections specifically about stamps of Singapore. The Room of Rarities was very interesting, with stamps dating from the very first days of the Straits Settlements. The room which looked at how Singapore's stamps have mirrored its independence through themes like transport, culture and defence was also quite good. The rest was temporary exhibits on Harry Potter and Shakespere which I skipped as neither interested me.

Date of experience: March 2017