“my fav place in singapore”

Singapore Philatelic Museum
Ranked #84 of 817 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Singapore Philatelic Museum celebrates everything about the world of stamps, from their unique background and connection to important historical moments in history, to stamp design and important collections.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“my fav place in singapore”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time I visited Singapore in the year 2006 and after a hard bargain my husband agreed to visit philatelic museum at Coleman road with me, As I entered the small and cozy museum i felt in love with it, as i myself a stamp collector i always wanted to see a museum dedicated to it.
from that day i was sure that once i have a baby i will surely bring him to this beautiful place and then this month jan 2013 i got a chance to visit Singapore again and first day only i tool my son over there. he loved watching so many stamps on various theme from around the world.
there is a section in the museum which tells the history of Singapore and i told my son every thing about it.
I also loved telling my son the concept of stamp as now a days in the world of emails people hardly write post cards or letters.
After some wasted time and a great effort when finally i reached museum on a very rainy day, the old and elegant lady manager greeted me with big smile, and after listening my craze for this place she waved off my son's ticket and gave my son two beautiful post cards.
for stamp lovers its surely a paradise , please do visit it and my humble request please keep writing letters as i don't want stamps to be a part of museum only :) thanks for reading it.

Visited January 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“a nice small museum”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It's interesting to know about the history about stamps, how to recognize fake stamps, the sample of stamps from all around the world. This museum provide them all, and the display is quite attractive for children who might not aware about philatelic thingy in this era of electronic mail. The heritage section on the 2nd floor is quite interesting, though some of the display were not authentic. The entrance fee is S$6 for adult, should think to buy the museum pass instead as it would saves your money.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank lundia
Prague, Czech Republic
622 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 380 helpful votes
“Lovely stamp museum”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I like collecting stamps so I really enjoyed my visit to this lovely museum. I also bought few stamps before I left :)

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Janulik
Singapore, Singapore
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great showcase of stamp histories”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you like collecting stamps, this is a great place. It shows you the history and the background of making stamps. very interesting!

Visited January 2012
Mississauga, Canada
266 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“My stamp of approval”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Like virtually all museums in Singapore, this one is extremely well done and uses stamps and images of antique postcards as the thread to introduce the history and development of Singapore. The ground floor introduces philatelic terms and history and may be geared more towards the serious stamp enthusiast. At the time of my visit, there was a special exhibition focussing on Siam 's postal history which is perhaps a niche interest. The second floor is a mixture of postal memorabilia of Singapore and trade, commerce and spice themes.There is a special room designed to entertain children. In fact, throughout, many of the more adult exhibits are at knee level, designed deliberately to cater to the younger set but in truth, still over their collective heads. For tall seniors, it can mean bringing knees in contact with the carpet, depending on the ' level' of interest. I was over two hours making my way around and wished that I had allowed extra time to address and mail a postcard from the shop ( which BTW can be accessed without buying an admission ticket). There is no senior's entrance ticket and the general admission has gone up to S$6. Still a bargain though!

Visited October 2012