Rooms are great and comfortable, with good service and facilities. However three things stop it from being a great hotel in comparison to some of the more established hotels.
1) breakfast is very crowded and quality is poor. Hot food needs improvement and so does the coffee. Most days you have to queue to get in.
2) For long stayers they will attempt to block an extra $50 a day for incidentials. Dont let them do this unless you plan to eat and drink there. I would recommend eating outside, plenty of choice within 100 metres.
3) Gym is the size of a shoebox and hugely misleading pictures on the website give it the impression of being otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlton City Hotel Singapore is conveniently located on Gopeng Street off Tanjong Pagar Road, along the fringes of Chinatown, Raffles Place and within the Central Business District. The hotel offers guests an upscale and stylish experience, resonating well with international business and leisure travellers. Designed by reputed leading international interior design company Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA), the hotel exudes designer-conceived touches and furnishings from the grand marble lobby to its spacious guestrooms. With 29 floors and 386 guestrooms, the hotel is primed to be the preferred hotel for discerning business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Carlton City Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton City Hotel Singapore