1. Staffs are very friendly and helphful, I would like to thank Rahan for his time to have some good conversation.
2. For the offer price ive gotten for the bed in mix dorm, its a bargain in singapore, especially when the bed is super duper comfortable and clean!
3. Location is good, if you want to have a good night sleep, this place is peace and quiet. Farrer Park MRT takes about 10mins walk and Lavendar MRT, 20mins. Looking at other hostel location and my one night stay in Kem leng Hotel, it's not easy to find a room which is peace and quiet in an affordable price.
4. 1 night, i stayed in the lady dorm, paid extra sgd and it's worth it. The room is more spacious and there's a bug mirror with some seats and hairdyer for the ladies to touchup their looks. Great concept!
1. Common room is not available. So I don't have a place to interact with other tourists such as myself. Having conversation in the dorms arent that appropriate especially late hours or early morning, this will be explain on my 2nd con. The front area of the hostel is actually a nice place to sit down and chill. I would recommend that the hostel provides some small tables too since seatings are already made available.
2. My experience in the lady dorm was terrible. not at all hostel's fault. I was unlucky enough to be in a room with 4 indonesian ladies who doesnt respect other guests sharing the room with them. For example, putting their stuff all over the place, chatting loudly from 10pm til 2am in the morning eventho I hinted them by switching off the mainlight at 12am. They woke up around 7am and they started to chat away again like mad, they took the breakfast from the hostel dining area into the room (THATS not nice). (Dear the management of Mori Hostel, i really love your hostel, my advise based on experiences staying with a lot of hostel around the world.. is to inform every guest to be considerate upon check in, like inform them that by 10pm, its lightout and guests advise to be quiet in dorms so others are not disturb etc. I know it's at the back of the dorm door but to be frank, its quite small that it can be unnoticable plus the rooms are dark too.
For those who never experience staying in a hostel, it is NOT like a hotel. So please don't treat the room like it's completely yours!
3. I guess it would be nice for the hostel to have one whole restroom for females only and another restroom for males. Believe me, generally, we wont mind to climb up 1 to 2 floors up or down. Its much better than restroom to share both male and female.
Overall, Mori Hostel is great to sleep in (if your roommates are good) and great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mori Hostel is a new hostel situated along Race Course Road and within Singapore’s culturally rich Little India Historical District. By carefully redefining & integrating the modern functional comforts of a boutique hotel with the social experience of hostelling, Mori Hostel offers a unique blend of warm hospitality embodying comfort, style, quality, culture and exceptional good value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mori Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mori Hostel Singapore