“Beautiful hostel”

Ranked #34 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
bangkok
“Beautiful hostel”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our first time to Singapore. Everything so expensive. But this hostel price reasonable and very clean. The trains about ten minute walk and many eating places nearby the hostel. I will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just stayed for one night. The pictures on the website make the place/rooms appear bigger than they are. I had to go to the hospital during my stay there and the staff was very helpful, even to the point of standing out in the street (in the rain) trying to get a cab for me. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights when we visited Singapore in July. We were initially concerned about the privacy of their alcoves but decided to give it a try as we did not want to spend too much on a hotel  (accommodation is so expensive in Singapore!). It was much better than we expected, we got a room like space, and although on the small side compared to the usual hotel room size, was clean and comfortable. It was our first time in a hostel and I took a bit of getting used to the fact that there were other alcoves in the same room. Luckily, the other guests were quite considerate and did not make too much noise. The toilets were shared but kept clean. I loved the decor of the place and the lounge was very charming. It was a shame they did not serve breakfast but we did try out the local breakfast in nearby eateries which the hostel staff directed us to. There is a hip looking coffee joint opposite the hostel which I recommend you visit, it reminded me of the coffee bars in New York and they had great coffee!
Surprisingly, the hostel had discounted attraction tickets as well which was useful, we got our tickets to universal studios quite a bit cheaper than the official ticket price. All in all, great value for our money and would definitely be back if we visit Singapore again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lovetowander123
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of August. The rooms are set up as privacy alcoves with curtains blocking the entrance to your space but you are more or less in a dorm i.e you can hear your fellow roommates. We had a double with air con and a safe. Very comfortable, clean, with a nice common room area (with complimentary tea and coffee). The bathroom is unisex. It was clean but could do with a makeover. The staff were really friendly and full of information about the area.
You can easily walk from here in to the city centre through little India but if walking's not your thing then Lavender MRT station is just down the road.
Lavender food hall (local hawker centre) is around the corner and is brilliant for food. Try the chicken rice and the pork dumplings.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs alcove to avoid any noise from above. If you're having a beer in Lavender fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LotusFB
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is one of best, unique hostel I ever stayed for my South East Asia trip. The hostel has a theme in white. It has four big loft design rooms. In each big room, it has 4 privacy alcoves, each separated by privacy curtains. With that, it is almost like a private room by itself. The price is much cheaper as compared to staying at a hotel.

As many other reviews had mentioned, the hostel is very clean, comfortable bed linens, staff friendly, locations is good where the hostel had a good guide write-up how to go around Singapore. The hostel is near to two MRT stations - Lavender MRT station and Farrer Park MRT station.

Room Tip: Each privacy alcove has a safebox in a steel cupboard. Still, Bring own padlocks for the steel cupbo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bcchua3
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A friend of mine had recommended Blanc Inn to us. My family of four stayed at the hostel for 5 nights in July. The hostel is easy to find. The hostel has its own inhouse website whereby it tells his guests where and how to move around Singapore. The hostel will send you email the URL of the website, only after you have made booking reservation with the hostel. Overall, we are satisfied with the hostel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tong Ko L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed for a night at this hostel on my transit through Singapore. What caught my attention was how clean it was and unlike other hostels I've been to in Europe, Blanc inn was bright and airy. I was in a shared room but the layout of the room and the curtains meant I had privacy while sleeping. There was a cosy relaxation area at the back of the hostel and I got to meet fellow travellers.

Bathroom facilities are shared so be aware that the usage is a lot higher in the night. That said, the bathroom facilities were kept very clean by the staff!

I felt this was good value for money especially since I was traveling on a budget. It also exceeds the hostel experience I've had in other countries. Would definitely reccomend blanc inn!

• Stayed July 2013