“Best South Indian Food in Singapore”
Review of MTR Restaurant

MTR Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Pure Vegetarian Authentic South Indian Food Since 1924. Only the Finest and Fresh Ingredients used. No MSG,Chemicals and Preservatives used. NO Service charges levied. Situated Opp. Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple on Serangoon Road. Near Ferrar Park MRT station Next to City Square Mall.
Singapore, Singapore
“Best South Indian Food in Singapore”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've been in Singapore for 7 years , however i've never had such a good Idly, Vada, Bisibelebath anywhere around. I had been to MTR in Bangalore a few years before. I'm so happy that they maintain the quality of food, this included with the pure ghee makes my breakfast /lunch/dinner just too satisfied. The staff is very hospitable. I recommend all those who are craving for south Indian food to visit MTR.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Authentic Karnataka food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Glad that MTR is opened in SG :) Food is superb which is in accordance to MTR standard. Little pricy but worth it.

London, United Kingdom
“Overrated reviews”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I was waiting to try their food after reading their reviews so I took a take away for lunch with family.
The restaurant did not have most of the dishes I asked for like rava masala or uttapum, they did not even hand a menu to order in the first place do I just kept on reciting the dishes I wanted to try. It was shockingly overpriced. A masala dosa so small in size at $6 and each idly for $2 ? I presume the management is charging extra for the packing box from customers. Even after taking ample food we were still left hungry. Food was average. Murugan idly is definitely better and reasonably priced with good portions such that one dosa is filling for one person.
Don't think I wish to pay that high price for food where I can get good South Indian food nearby at competitive price.

I would not visit MTR again just for the name.

Singapore, Singapore
“Singapore's cleanest pure vegetarian restaurant with amazing service!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have never seen tables being cleaned up so well prior to serving dishes! They use a mixture of soap & water ensuring a crystal clear table.

The service was worth mentioning with waiters coming to your table in anticipation. Special mention to the manager, Mr Rao who ensured that all our gastro needs were taken care of promptly!

Signature dishes like Bisebela Bath, Plain Dosai & Chow Chow Bath were delicious except that certain other dishes like Puris & Chapathis need to have more side dish varieties.

Overall was an experience of service with a smile indeed ... however dishes are definitely priced on the higher side compared to Komala Vilas, Madras Woodlands etc in Singapore.

Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic food, great attitude and service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great food and lives up to the MTR name. All the dishes recommended by the staff were fantastic. Service was very quick. Environment is basic but clean. We had an incident where we spilled a cup of coffee accidentally. We were moved to another table and were provided with another cup of coffee and the staff refused to let us pay for the replacement coffee. I will be certainly rank this as my favorite places for South Indian vegetarian food.