“Excellent Food”

MTR Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Pure Vegetarian Authentic South Indian Food Since 1924. Only the Finest and Fresh Ingredients used. No MSG,Chemicals and Preservatives used. NO Service charges levied. Situated Opp. Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple on Serangoon Road. Near Ferrar Park MRT station Next to City Square Mall.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have been having food regularly at MTR since they first opened in Singapore . Their food is excellent quality and value for money . Its a unique menu must try their masala dosa , akhi roti ,sevigai bath, rava idli and the afternoon lunch . Recommended must try at least once then you will visit again and again.

There are newer reviews for MTR Restaurant

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We eat out pretty often and are at a loss for home cooked food. This restaurant serves that purposes. Suitable for working individuals who often eat out, they have specials everyday- so it's not the same fare. The service is clean, stands out amidst other Indian restaurants. The food is simple, yummy and not so spicy. The coffee is starbucks quality at a fraction of the price!
Not suitable if you want ambience but a must if you want a tasty homestyle meal.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

MTR has preserved its original taste and simple settings. At first I thought they were a way bit highly priced than similar restaurants in Singapore. But over weeks and months (You may by now know that I frequent there often), I have realized the quality and consistency is their key feature. Off late am visiting MTR with friends from different cultures and the feedback I get is very consistent and good.
This is one of the best places for well cooked meals. Their Thali comes with a lot of freshly and rightly cooked vegetables, retaining the taste and color of the veggies. undoubtedly the Masala Dosa and Coffee have a signature of their own. AKKI ROTI (Rice Roti) is fabulous, even the thought is mouthwatering now, however its selectively available on Tuesdays (Or wed) only.
I would look forward for MTR to introduce some more authentic Karnataka dishes into their portfolio. For now, keep the good work and look forward to more delicious times.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I visited 8 months too late....why???.....because I heard that this is not the original Bangalore MTR....I learnt my mistake of believing in hearsay...The Food is absolutely awesome & ambiance as humble as possible. Missing South Indian Food....If u cant go to Bangalore MTR....Then must visit

RaoGM, Manager at MTR Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Namaste!

Thank you for reviewing MTR singapore. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your food at our restaurant in singapore. Your feedback has been shared with our cooks and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation.
Customer satisfaction is our only motto and feedback from customers has only improvised our services.
your feedback makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight.

we eagerly look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time i tried indian cuisine. And i was amazed! I loved the dishes that they advised me. Everything was delicious! I had two their signature dishes and i was already fool after first one. The portions were too big as for me.

Good food! Nice people! Friendly atmosphere!

RaoGM, Manager at MTR Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Namaste!

we eagerly look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,