“Good location, clean room, nice staff”

Asphodel Inn Singapore
Ranked #285 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location was good. You just have to walk down from mrt station, 300m as I remember. You do not rely your trip on bus, which is operated each 30 minutes. Room is ok, especially for this price. Bathroom is ok, not luxurious, but clean, not smell. Bed is clean, not too hard, not too soft. You might want to bring a pair of slippers to walk inside the room. That's all. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I had a package which I should give to my friend before I checked out but I forgot. When I asked the reception man to help, thinking that he might say no or accept with irritation. But I was wrong, he even asked me more details to make sure he could recognize my friend and gave him the package. Compare to the staff at 81 Opera, who refuse to show me the bus stop near his Hotel and then argued with me, this man was so so nice. I will go back, definitely.
You might want to bring a pair of slippers to walk inside the room. And if the hotel can give 1 more towel or carpet to put in front of the bathroom, it will be great. Will come back, for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank teaspoon_annguyen

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Singapore is expensive and I must say that this hotel is really value for money. Ferrar Park MRT, Little India and Mustafa center all are in walkable distance. We stayed in a triple occupancy room which was small but clean. Location of this hotel is better than the hotels of similar range in Little India district because roads are wider and neighborhood is cleaner here . There are lots of option available for Indian food nearby.

We reached hotel around 8 AM and early check-in was arranged on chargeable basis (SGD 40). On first day, we got room#305, which was not a good room to stay. Geyser was not working and ventilation window in the bathroom does not open because it is blocked by Hotel’s sign board outside. Though hotel located in the peaceful vicinity of Buddha temple but rooms are not insulated for outside noise and sometime traffic noise disturbs you in the sleep. We got change of room for rest of the nights and settled in #405, which was a better stay with little extra space, working geyser, ventilation, nicer view and lesser noise.

It is a budget hotel so they don’t have running kitchen and room service. They don’t have minibar also but a wending machine is installed outside hotel. Iron, hair dryer, multi plug are available but only on request and that too against some deposit (refundable). WiFi is only available in lobby and it is a pain to come down every time to access anything on web.

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. They have printed map of MRT + Bus route highlighted for the popular destination of Singapore, which was very useful.

Hotel also provide clock room facility where you can keep your luggage if you don’t want to pay extra for the day. We did not knew this and booked one extra night because our flight was in midnight. We did not use room that day, our luggage was lying in the room which could be stored in clock room also.

Overall a decent stay. Recommended for the people on budget trip.

Room Tip: Don’t choose #305, choose rooms on higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Mohit M
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late on Friday evening and ended up changing our room type as the original room was just too small and stuffy. It was communicated by the duty person that the charge would be an extra 10SGD per night, when it came to checking out we were told that the actual charge was 15SGD per night. I questioned this and this time i was dealing with a very rude lady on reception she wasn't listening to what I had to say. In the end I paid the charge of 15SGD. I would never return as there was no wifi in the room, no warm water, everytime i requested for a hairdryer there wasn't one and most importantly I ended up paying too much money for three days accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank HappyPink1
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good budget hotel. Small but worked for me since I was out all day sight seeing. Quite clean, decent ammenities, they won't clean the room unless u hand over the key to the receptionist. No locker, so carry a lock unit if u wanna keep ur valuables. Close to Ferrer Park MRT, use exit B of MRT, walk straight out, the footpath would go right, then left and then cross the road once u see a Buddha temple, would be near it. 3 mins walk. Free Wifi only in basement, 2 bottles of water a day, room electricity not key activated. Recommended for budget travellers, would revisit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shine82h
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel was well-located for our purpose. All in all, it was a good value for money. Though the room was quite small for a 3 Bed - room. The Bathroom requires serious attention. The shower, etc were very shabby and the floor tiles are very risky. In fact, I managed to slip in the bathroom, but fortunately didn't hurt myself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank abudhia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spend two night in hotel, this hotel near MRT only 10 minute walking distance to MRT. The receptionist Chinese girl really helpful and The room are small but clean. This hotel is close to little india and mustafa centre only 15 minute to get there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Oki_Bonita
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Check in at 2pm. They Charge additional for early check in. Nice location close to Ferrer Park MRT. Ideal for Indians since its close to Little India. Remember it's an Inn. For food have to walk to restaurants nearby. Indian food available nearby. Would opt for the same place given another chance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family