“Get the view of many famous rivers..”
Review of River Safari

Singapore Super Saver: Night Safari and River Safari
Ranked #61 of 846 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Safari is Asia's first and only river-themed wildlife park inspired by the world's most iconic rivers. Witness some of the biggest, most endangered animals from these rivers, in lofty tanks and luscious walk-through exhibits! A must-see are giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia in Southeast Asia's largest giant panda exhibit. Plus the world's largest freshwater aquarium themed after the Flooded Amazon Forest! The River is Calling...
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good place to visit with family...kids would feel happy to see different type of fishes. We could see the Pandas as well...which is rare to see elsewhere .

2  Thank Pushpender2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,020)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Visited in September with the price reduced to $25 as some of the park was not yet open. We actually purchased a ticket for the river safari and the zoo to make a full day of it.

Took about two hours to visit the park. Panda enclosure was good and there was plenty of river life on how.

Overall, well priced and well worth a trip; perhaps coinciding with a visit to the zoo or night zoo.

2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had high hopes for the River Safari. Unfortunately, the experience hasn't lived up to my expectation. The ride portion isn't open yet. Once it does open children have to be at least 3 years old to ride. The highlight is the Giant Panda Forest. However, this closes before the rest of the park. The day I was there it closed at 5:30 and the park at 6. It's at the back of the park so plan accordingly if you're going later in the day. As much as we enjoy this part of the park I still can't get over the value for the money, especially when compared with the zoo. Perhaps I just enjoy colorful fish and therefore prefer the SEA Aquarium.

2  Thank JulD110
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited the River Safari as part of its soft opening and were sorely disappointed. We were aware that the river safari boat ride will only be operational at the end of this year, but we were not expecting the dearth of exhibits and animals, a large chunk of which are not yet open to the public. A series of water enclosures with various forms of marine life from rivers around the world are open. However, my 7-year old twins couldn't help but exclaim that the Underwater World and SEA Aquarium were much prettier and more enjoyable! They did enjoy the red pandas and panda bears in the Giant Panda Forest, but this wasn't enough to redeem the park in my kids' eyes. I intend to wait till the entire park is open before venturing there again.

1  Thank Akaur5
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited the new River Safari attraction as part of a company function. Having visited the Night Safari I was optimistic as to what would be in store. I was especially interested in seeing the pandas. First, the good things: the panda enclosure was done well. It was a joy to see the red pandas and we even managed to glance one of the two pandas. Pity that you had to walk through the tacky gift shop as you exited. Many of the acquariums were also very interesting though you could do better at one of the other two acquariums in the city. The rest of the attraction was non descript. That is until you get to the polar bear. I don't know whose idea it is to put an animal that usually lives in sub-zero temperatures in a tropical environment where the minimum temperature is 25 degrees centigrade. The sight of this wonderful giant in a pathetically small pool made me disgusted at the whole effort made here. I will not be going back and I would recommend anyone who cares for animal welfare to avoid this place.

1  Thank Abdul L