Amaris Hotel
Beach Hotel(Singapore)
Naumi Hotel(Singapore)
Marrison Hotel(Singapore)
  • Pool
All reviewsbugis mrtbudget hotelsmall wardrobesuntec cityopened the doorhaji laneexplore singaporehotel locatedsuperb locationwalking distancenoodlesyour luggagebreakfast buffet isconvenienceindian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Recently me and my friends went for a weekend holiday in Singapore.
We chose Amaris hotel because this hotel manage by the well known Santika Group.
Unfortunately our expectation is way too much. The moment we arrived at the hotel we are not impressed by the staff. No courtesy, bad grooming, etc. when we checked in into our room, I found some used tissue behind the toilet bowl, and an empty soap dispenser. The house keeping has done a terrible job, they did not clean the room thoroughly, the tissue behind the toilet bowl is still there, the soap dispenser is still empty, the cup and tea spoon is still in the place and dirty.
On our check out date, at 10 am the housekeeping knocked on our door and asking without any manner, what time we are going to check out ( It's 10 am, check out time is at 12 noon).

I guess this is our first and very last time staying in this hotel, I had a better experience staying in Fragrance hotel or Value hotel.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location. nothing more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank BaliAddict741
Reviewed November 6, 2013

When I arrived at the room , there was a used teacup ( used for water ) and a used water glass, the rubbish bin had not been emptied and there were some used tissues and visiting cards on the table. Bed had been made and clean towels provided ,but floor had a few small pieces of paper so I supect it had not been swept . Itold the check in when I checked out . Room safe is not screwed down so you could pack it in your suitcase and take it home if you forget the combination !!! Room is very small ,I was one person,but it is not really a 2 person room. There is tea and coffee in room and in lobby . Good TV and wifi .Breakfast is poor ,toast cereal and coffee/tea only . I paid USD120 per night ,I believe there are better value hotels around Singapore . no fitness or pool or business centre .Not worth the price.

Room Tip: Double glazed so no traffic noise in rooms facing road
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location being a short walk from Raffles and Bugis Street market but that's just about as far as it goes for the accolades.

On checking in, the three twin rooms we had booked had morphed into three double rooms which proved slightly awkward for our mixed party. No explanation or apology was afforded for this, and although it was highlighted that the booking had been made months earlier we were told that this was all that was now available.

Having made our way up to the room, we were surprised at how small it actually was - the bed (which wasn't the biggest double I'd seen) took up most of the floorspace and once we had dumped bags there was precious room to manoeuvre, and certainly not at the same time! The A/C worked fine and the shower was adequate but the free wi-fi wouldn't operate on the given password. Breakfast was limited and underwhelming. The hotel overall was clean but I would expect that from a new establishment - I would also expect an attempt to try and please the customer but maybe they don't need to?

So, in conclusion this hotel was fine if you want to be within staggering distance of a woozy evening at Raffles and get up the next day to check out - this was exactly our purpose and the hotel earns two stars purely for the fact that it doesn't cost as much as a room at Raffles! But you do get what you pay for and in this instance, it wasn't much I'm afraid. Refund is now being sought from our online booking agency.

Room Tip: One person per room would be comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Good location but hotel room is very small. The bed is not a full double, the hotel doors are noisy, the staff are not friendly (we weren't allowed a 2nd key card or 3rd towel for my hair!) and the breakfast consists only of bread and cereal and is generally not very welcoming.
Ok for a 1 night stay or solo traveller but don't recommend for longer. Will never stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kathryn_L81
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is my first time staying at Amaris Bugis, the quote “YOU PAY WHAT YOU GET” actually did not suit up at all, I’m expecting more, Front Office staffs not friendly, no one help us pick up luggage, the room was so small, my husband and I are always bump into each other when we try to walk in the room. The breakfast was like cereal and bread, they don’t refill the milk if no one asked.
I’m sorry but I will not return to this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple