“World's most expensive burrito in the world's most expensive city”
Review of MexOut

MexOut
Ranked #2,153 of 11,762 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food here is good. It reminds me of the burritos places I used to frequent in the US during my university days when I needed to fill myself up with limited funds. I'm significantly better off financially these days, but still feel like a person with limited funds when I order lunch here because of the cost.

I commented to the girl running the cash register that this must be the world's most expensive burrito to which she quickly replied "it's because all our food is imported." I don't believe I've ever seen a farm in Singapore, so I'm not sure I buy into her argument.

2  Thank Chris C

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Made my way to Mexout which has slowly been generating interest in the CBD area for lunch. I headed there for dinner and the first thing that struck me as I entered the restaurant was its interesting décor which was made up of wooden tables and a chalkboard menu giving it a rustic look. Good music and friendly staff along with interesting charts about Mexican food added to the appeal of the restaurant. They have indoor and outdoor seating but the seats are limited, hence better to avoid the 7 – 8 pm time range in the evening. The tortilla chips were really crunchy and good to munch. The ‘Vegetarian Buritto’ was yummy and the ‘Corn Tacos’ had the authentic flavor, especially with salsas that they have catering to various spiciness levels. Some of the interesting quotes that they had put up are ‘Anything tastes good with salsa’ and ‘Life is a combination of magic and tortilla chips’. As a foodie, I agree and it added to the come-back feel of the place.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fresh, hot and very authentic! If you have tried any other Mexican restaurants in Singapore you know disappointment and being ripped off. MexOut is the first place I have been to where the cost matches the value of a good meal. The portion sizes are hearty so bring your appetite!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

45mins for a burrito is unreal. I couldnt believe it took so long to get our food from what is meant to be a high turnover "fast food" joint. After all that, the burrtio not very good and the tacos were horrible! Not worth going at all.

2  Thank benfoodlover
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Wouldn't say wow would say bad but made a nice change for lunchtime fayre, the menu has too many options for me in terms of pick one of these two of those which makes the queue quite big

1  Thank Macs-on-the-move