“Beautiful scenery of Sentosa Cove”
Review of Sabio by the Sea

Sabio by the Sea
Ranked #3,667 of 10,798 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Beautiful scenery of Sentosa Cove”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice place for lunching. Opens daily. If you want to impress and have all the restaurant by yourself, go there for lunch. Tried the Rose wine , la Carne, El Cerdo, Pescado Cocido, Churros Caramel.

• Indonesian first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Penny wise and pound foolish”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We booked this restaurant for lunch on Sat 14th July 2014 as part of the Palate membership. However when we arrived we were told that we could not enjoy our usual discount because it was the eve of a public holiday. As much as I racked my brain I couldn't for the life of me think of any significant worldly event occurring on Sun 15th June - and I was pretty sure no one had decided to move Xmas to halfway down the calendar so I asked and they helpfully replied, "Singapore's Father's Day". As much as I respect the Fathers of this world this is hardly a significant event and considering we arrived the day before this inconsequential event I did not agree that we should not have enjoyed our discount.

The place was empty anyhow so we left and went to Picotin which was packed, with welcoming wait staff and served excellent food as always.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Coremus
“Never again!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First off, they served us cold iberian ham. When asked they insisted it was under "cold tapas" when it wasn't. Neither have I ever eaten cold iberian ham anywhere else (Spain or singapore). Food was just as bad with both prawns and scallops tasting stale and frozen. Bread tasted like it was 5 months old and dry. Service was nothing to brag about.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank seet19
Melbourne, Australia
“One of many restaurants at Quayside Sentosa”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went to Sabio for dinner while visiting family in March. Food was good but not fantastic. Prices were ok but wouldn't say great value. Having spent time in Spain and sampling lots of tapas, although not disappointing There is room for improvement. Nice location but service wasn't the best.

• Visited March 2014
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Awesome atmosphere and good food!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Quayside isle is a great new addition to Singapore...with tonnes of restaurants near a beautiful marina. Sabio by the Sea has a very cool authentic Spanish vibe while still appealing to the local market. The paintings on the wall are reminiscent of Miro and it is all open to the outdoors. The food was delicious, but a little pricey. We spent $150 for a family of 4 and one tapa was offered by the restaurant. We were going to have the brunch, but if you are not a pork or egg fan, the choices are limited. The gaspacho was lovely, served in a champagne flute and the patatas with aioli were beautifully encrusted with a hit of smoked paprika (if I detected correctely). Churros are hard to replicate in Singapore because of the climate, but I wondered if I weren't a little disappointed in them because of the oil they were fried in as well. The house dessert is not Spanish, but a creative take on molten lava cake with a more Latin American influence: caramel. From the pictures on the website I was expecting a more impressive size, but the fact that it is so delicious makes up quickly for the deception. The open-faced toasted bread with manchego, cheese and ham was perfect for one of the kids. The scallops could have used a little more colour, and the chicken in the orange salad was more to local tastes than Spanish, so my child was not too enamored with it, but overall we were pleased.

• Visited May 2014