“A Taste of Taiwanese Food”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #48 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very good first impression of Taiwanese food with a nice spicy twist to it. Quick and friendly service.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

First of all let me say this place could have been better! My objection, however, was not to the food which was more than satisfactory. We arrived at around 8 pm on a Saturday night to a wait of around 30 minutes before seating. We used that time to check the menu so already had our order sorted before we sat down. The food arrived relatively quickly however this was accompanied by a waiter who insisted that firstly we order our desserts and/or any other food that we may want and secondly that we pay the bill because the kitchen was closing...On a busy Saturday night in Singapore these guys wanted to be closed and out the door with limited concern of the experience of the diner!

The food on the whole was good. I have spent a respectable amount on time in Asia such that I feel I can comment on the quality of Asia dumplings. I did quite enjoy some of their vegetarian options (we had a vegetarian in the group) so don't feel compelled to only order dishes containing meat. The Mango pudding was excellent!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Chain of steamed chinese food, I felt is was a little overrated but my son enjoyed , I'm sure it's about making the right choice, full of locals. A very good sign

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

You would think with the advertising that this restaurant would be better than proverbial sliced bread. They do bulk food delivery well but I found the flavors bland. I tried this one and the one at the Paragon. I went through their specials. I have been to dumpling restaurants in Hong Kong and Australia and this us not as good. However its a cheap meal and done well. They don't take AMEX.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Din Tai Fung is fast becoming like Starbucks, in that there's one popping up in almost every street corner, and also like Starbucks, this is not a bad thing as what you'll get is something familiar, dependable and satisfying meal.

Like with many others, I'm sure, I've been to different outlets of Din Tai Fung and probably been to some outlets more than once, which goes to testament as to their ability to replicate the same standards over and over again, and for that, I'd say that their 'stars' are deserving, as I think it's too often that star-studded as well as celebrity chefs/restaurants can one day deliver-the-goods, and yet on another, fall so far short that it would make one wonder, "why..?"

On this day, I was looking for something 'clean' and simple and opted for a steamed Pork Rib Soup served beside Plain White Noodles, and as a 'side', their famous xiao long bao basket... A simple yet simply satisfying lunch.