“worst”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
“worst”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

its a terrible experience. .. dont believe the don't go with this rating..don't go with tripadvisor rating.. food is waste.. no fresh chicken.. please avoid this restaurant.............................

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
“Tasty, good portions, just a tad slow”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I ventured to try Aromas of India after I tried going to Kashmir only to discover that it has closed (permanently). I whipped out my phone, looked into Tripadvisor to find a good Indian restaurant in the same area that is ranked well.

The portions are good, I could not finish what was given, which is a sign that they do not stint on portions. Butter chicken, my standard order, was rich and robust. Alcohol prices are not as good as Kashmir so I decided not order beer, which is a dismay as beer goes well to every Indian meal. This is just something I have to come to terms with, as long as I live in Singapore. I ordered mango lassi instead. It was a good choice except that the waiter forgot that I had ordered. I reminded him by inquiring about my order, he didn't say a word, and just went the other way, the service here is rather strange, and he returned with my drink about five minutes later with a guilty look on his face.

I will put up with the strange (and non-existent) service here. The Indian food is of good quality, the portions are acceptable and the prices are reasonable. The two of us spent $40 ($20 each) on lunch (basmati rice with three dishes of good serving size), and one of us had a non-alcoholic beverage.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Pig K
AromasOfIndia, Manager at Aromas of India, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Good Day Sir ,

Thank you so much for choosing our outlet & a big thanks to TripAdvisor who helped you make your call . Great to know that you liked our food & serving portions .

I would like to apologies for the fumble of Mango lassi , actually the staff attended you is new and still a bit Green learning the ropes , He was not able to pick up the order at that instant and later when he realized that he missed out on your order he immediately ran and rectified and hence he had apologetic look on his face . I am sorry on his part .

Once again and big thanks for reviewing us and sharing your experience , Hope to see you soon around .

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious but the service was even better! The manager is incredibly friendly and smiley, and the staff is very attentive.

The restaurant is clean and nice, overall a very pleasant atmosphere.

Chicken tikka masala was delicious, as well as the garlic naan. The mint sauce was fabulous. I was pleased that they served complimentary water (the server always kept my glass full), and were generous with their portion sizes.

Dear Christina ,

Great to hear about your dining experience , our service is one of our main USP apart from our authentic North Indian food and humble ambiance .

Hope to see you soon around .

“Excellent place”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A must visit to quench his/her thirst. Awesome place for dine and wine.good ambience and affordable place.most noted is friendly staff.

• Visited August 2014
Dear Gopinath ,

Thanks you so much for reviewing us and we are really overwhelmed with your kind words .

Our staff lead by Mr.Tarseem sing makes sure that we attend to each and every guest needs .

Singapore
“Don't go when you are hungry”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Usually we go to Jaggi's but as it was packed on that night decided to try the Aromas of India, it took them more than 10 mins for someone to attend our table (we had to grab the menu ourselves form another empty table), we were about to leave the restaurant as inspite of repeated raising hands and calling the staff never grabbed their attention, but suddenly one staff appeared and took the orders, I had even asked if it will take long time to serve food, but he said it will be served fast, we waited another 30mins for some part of order to arrive, the food was average nothing exceptional except the price which was bit higher than other restaurants around. We had to call the staff several times and wait to even replenish water in our glasses
Restaurant was quite and clean but severely understaffed.
You can skip this restaurant if you are hungry or in a hurry.

• Visited July 2014
AromasOfIndia, Manager at Aromas of India, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Vivek ,

Thanks for sharing your experience and I’m sincerely very apologetic on this happening . There are a few things which I would still like to bring into your notice is you are trying to compare us with Jaggi’s which is a food court they precook the food and keep it warm by using warmers or Burberry while in our case we make fresh food which indeed will take time but surely 30 mints is on higher side I do agree with you . Our usual order processing time is 15-20 mints .

During your visit we were serving full house and on top of it we have home deliveries as well , hence your order took a while longer . We are quite well staffed but as you know there are some busy days and we try to serve all our customers soonest we can .

In regards to pricing actually we are one of the cheapest in the whole stretch of Race course road if you are comparing with fine dining Indian restaurants not food courts .