“Awesome place”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty authentic Indian food.I being a regular visitor find this restaurant very homely and suits my taste buds perfect:)not to forget to mention about the lovely staff

sanjeev_thakur, Owner at Aromas of India, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Kavitha ,

It is always an absolute pleasure to serve patriot and regular customers like you , Thanks for sharing your views on TripAdvisor and we really appreciate your business .

Hope to see you soon around

Rgds

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent customer service, extremely good food and warm staff. They are the most consistent in their food and customer service amongst all the North Indian restaurants in Singapore. The recommendations are always spot on, and I've always had a very good experience whenever I've been to Aromas.

1  Thank abhishekjain12
sanjeev_thakur, Owner at Aromas of India, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Abhishek ,

Thanks for the encouraging words and we will do our best to keep our service and food standard levels above our customer’s expectations .

Once again i would like to thank you for visiting us putting your trust in our food & service , We appreciate your support very much .

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went in for lunch on a weekday after reading very good online reviews. The place was quite empty except for 2 other families. With relatively few customers, one would expect good customer service, but I was to be disappointed.

There was only one male staff to be seen. He just passed us the menu and went back to the cashier. Looking through the menu, we decided to order light, lamb briyani and lamb sheek kebab to share. We had to wait a while for the staff to take his eyes away from his phone and take our order. We requested cold water, but what we were served was room temperature tap water. The decor we noticed, looked quite old and the wall colour was faded with white streaks, for what is a quite new business location for them.

We had to wait quite long for the food to arrive, keeping in mind by this time we were its only patrons. The food arrived less than warm. the portions small. the seekh kebab looked hastily plattered and was average. The briyani was very dry. The only redeeming factor was the well spiced lamb pieces in the briyani. More care should also be taken in maintaining the place as the floor area next to the toilet was wet and could easily lead to a fall. The whole time we were there, the staff was either shuttling in and out of the restaurant or busy with his phone. He never even bothered to check in on us keeping in mind we were the only patrons at that hour.

I think the staff at aromas of india should be given customer service training What was also missing were the sweetened fennel seeds that restaurants usually offer. I never thought I would be writing a bad review about a place that I had read so many positive reviews about. I guess there's always a first.

2  Thank LiveToEat2013
sanjeev_thakur, Owner at Aromas of India, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam ,

I’m really sadden to know about your experience and I agree with you no such behavior from a service industry staff is acceptable , I will investigate cause for such happening and careless behavior .

For the toilet area we will take corrective action soonest and place anti skit matting .

I would like to request you to provide us with 1 more opportunity to serve you so we can justify ourselves and also our reviewers who have trusted in our service and food quality .

Rgds’

Reviewed December 2, 2013

simply great. the service was amazing and lovely.did take great care of us. veg food was stunning.Atmosphere could be a bit more warm and genuine.even though very clean and comfortable.a must in little india

sanjeev_thakur, Owner at Aromas of India, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Michael ,

I’m glad that you enjoyed your meal and had a good time in our outlet . We will take your feedback very seriously and will make efforts to make more warm and comfortable dinning place .

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I read the reports before going. We arrived just before 3pm, and although the restaurant actually closed at 3pm we were welcomed. After a discussion about Singapore tap water we proceeded to order. Chicken Tikka, Chicken Tikka Massala, Paneer Masala, Sheek Kebab, various nans and poppadoms. We were given a free Gulab Jamon for dessert. The food was excellent quality and at a great price. Family Friendly and certainly worth a visit.

sanjeev_thakur, Owner at Aromas of India, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Mr. Marc ,

Trust you had a nice stay in Singapore , we are very much pleased with your generous feedback on our food and service .

We always want to bring smile on our customers face and giving free dessert is one of the way , getting something unexpected is always good .