“Serenity of Peace”

Ranked #47 of 846 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The stunning colors of the plants and rock formations in the Chinese Garden contrast with the thought-provoking Japanese Garden.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This came highly recommended by my friends who visited Singapore couple of years ago. I took the train from directly the airport to this place and I guess I landed here at about the perfect time to be here. Although there were morning-walkies who were jogging and walking in team or alone. The serenity and the calmness of the place blew away all the negetivity that I had in my mind. The place is absolutely stunning. The two gardens are connected by a white upward curved bridge from where you can get good views of both the sides. The Chinese tower, the Zodiac Signs and the Twin Temples are great places to see within the gardens. I would highly recommend people to go here while visiting Singapore regardless of how short it is. Happy Breathing!

1  Thank Anik_Rahman

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very convenient to the MRT of the same name this is another nice place to touch base with greenery, wildlife and culture. The pagoda is definitely worth climbing for a great 360 view.

We also popped into the turtle museum as we had 3 kids in tow. Despite my initial scepticism of keeping animals in captivity it was actually pretty good. They say all turtles are rescued or from private collections that no longer wanted them, and of course it then becomes impossible to just let them into the wild. The kids loved feeding them with vegetables (another nice touch) and the variety was amazing. I have seen many when diving but these are such varied species it was really interesting. Entry $5 was a bit steep I think but that seems to be Singapore really.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Don't bother with the turtle "sanctuary." You may get depressed for 5$SGD Very sad place. People who dont want their turtle pets dump them at this place.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you wanna run away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, you might wanna visit this garden and feel the tranquility of the japanese and chines-inspired garden. I was fortunate enough to visit it when only a few tourists were around so I just basked in the serenity of the place by just sitting on a bench under a tree. However, there are no food stalls around the area so it's best to bring your own snacks and water. I'd love to visit this place again!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Beautiful gardens that are well worth visiting.

Very relaxing saunter around.

We went on a very hot dry day so beware there is not a lot of shelter from the sun.