“such a BLISSful weekend stay!”

Bliss Hotel Singapore
Ranked #86 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“such a BLISSful weekend stay!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked a standard single room. Intended the stay for me to chill & relax just before my birthday. Requested for a free upgrade upon booking. Reached the hotel at 1pm & was allowed to check in shortly after! Staff Jessica gave me a free upgrade to a happy advanced birthday :)

ROOM was clean, bathrrom too. Reasonably sized for a solo traveller or couple w/o backpackers kinda bag and/luggages. Very near to train Chinatown station. Take the exit E and the hotel is right across.

My only concern is that the telly has too limited channels There're only 2 local channels, FOX sports, NatGeo & HBO.

Upon check out, staff Jessica asked how was my birthday stay & how was the room. I'm happy that she asked cos most hotels, if they see local guest(s), they dont quite bother to ask. But she did and she wished me a happy birthday again! :( :( :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank HopOnHotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first visit in Singapore and I have some comments as this hotel is everything you would expect: well-trained staffs, cozy & comfortable room and great location close to the local markets, shopping centers and MRT station is opposite. Just one thing - this hotel is limited services but you can find the place for meals at the surrounding areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin N
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The location of this hotel is great as it's just couple steps away from the MRT station. There's a lot of restaurants & shopping nearby. Walking distance to Clark Quay, lots to explore around. The room is clean and pretty cosy , the deluxe room was very compact but certainly comfortable enough if out site-seeing most of the day. The bathroom walls is of glass & completely transparent, so if you're not traveling alone, it may not be that appropriate.

Room Tip: 3019 was a great room with big king size bed and enough space for luggage also a view of the street...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank UmutAsia
Wyong, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent 1 night here and paid $125 Au for a standard King, which is a really good price for Singapore but the trade off was the tiniest room I have ever seen in my life, and no window, so if the lights are off in the middle of the day it's like night in the room. I wouldn't recommend these rooms to anyone that suffers claustrophobia, I don't, but I couldn't spend any time in the room other than to sleep. The good part was the very comfortable bed and the best pillows and sheets. The hotel isn't very old so everything is still newish and clean. The location is excellent right in the heart of Chinatown. Chinatown Point mall is just over the road (Upper Cross St) in front of the hotel, the peoples park food complex (hawker market) is to the left of the hotel over the main road ( New Bridge Rd/Eu Tong Sen St) and the markets are a short walk away behind the hotel in Pagoda street. One of the exits to Chinatown MRT is just across Upper Cross St or you can get a bus to just about anywhere from New Bridge Rd/Eu Tong Sen Street. Overall a very comfortable nights stay, If I was staying any longer I would have to pay more and get a window.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows that might be something to check before you book.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I ordered a Standard King Room. When I came into the room, my first impression was ermm... it is no different from Hotel 81. The room is so small and everything is so cramped! There is no cupboard as well.. only a hook and 4-5 hangers to hang a few clothes. The good thing is the bathroom and comfortable bed. For the bathroom, they should provide more amenities. What was provided was body towel, face towel, shower cap and toothbrush&toothpaste. For a 3 star hotel, it doesnt even provide a comb as compared to Hotel 81! The TV kept flickering and there are only 8 channels in it. The lobby staff changes everytime i pass by the lobby. When I checked in, I was served by a staff who seemed like he doesnt speak english very well. For the 2nd time when I came back to the hotel, I request for 2 bottles of water. This time is was a different guy. The staff spoke perfect english.. but instead i spoke chinese to him and he was like speaking english back to me. He asked me to take a seat and his colleague gave me the bottles of water. After that i went out again and came back..the staff has changed again. this time to a female. I requested for another 2 bottles of water and was told to go back to my room and they will bring it to me instead. I was thinking, is the procedure not standardized? One moment I could collect it on the spot, and another moment i had to be given the water only in my room. All the staff seemed like foreigners, even for the lobby staff. How would I rate it? I would say it's a bit too expensive for the price i paid which is around $150 (excl. GST) for such a basic room and service in Chinatown area. It is not fantastic though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Broken Hill, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked a family room and a single room for 3 nights, and on arrival were told that the family room was unavailable. We were given 2 rooms next to each other instead which was a bit of a pain with a 2 year old and 6 year old, as the rooms were not interconnecting. After a bit of misunderstanding, with us being told we needed to checkout at 12:00, we were moved to the family room the next day, and found the room to be large enough and clean and comfortable.

Bliss Hotel is in a great location in Chinatown, close to markets and modern shopping centres and the train station is directly across the road, with plenty of taxis available - only about SGD8 to Sentosa Island.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MAHI-BH
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The rooms are very modern and the quality of beds/pillows/towels/furniture/toiletries is equivalent to a 4-star hotel.
We stayed (a friend and I) in the deluxe twin room which had more than enough space for our needs. We did not have any problems with noise as I saw in other reviews, however our room was on the 4th floor, the furthest away from the elevator.
I found the bathroom in that room excellent, with a rain shower function and a very modern setup. Only minus was that the room's windows can't fully open (there is sunlight though), so I would recommend it in case you are not planning on spending a lot of time in the room but still want high quality amenities.

The location of the hotel is just perfect. Just opposite it there is an enormous shopping centre with a great choice for eating and the local tube station. Taxis are easy to hail outside the hotel and the area is absolutely safe 24h. Walking distance to the riverside and to most city attractions.

The staff were most helpful and knew the area.
I would have given 4/5 stars if it weren't for the two bonus points: they allowed us to check late without a charge and there is a shower room for guests, so you can leave your luggage and still come back before flying and have a shower.
Price: affordable (around £50/per person/per night)

All the negatives are listed below as advice to the management:
- Add another towel hanger in the bathroom
- Add another mirror in the room (outside the bathroom)
- Add a mirror in the elevator
- The air-conditioning unit is always blowing towards the direction of the people's heads when they are sleeping. This is not very convenient; perhaps block that side of the ventilation?

Room Tip: The deluxe twin room on the 4th floor is worth it's money
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business