“BEST!!”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is the only restaurant I would visit everytime I go to Singapore....The food are amazing very well made,perfectly cooked,seasoned and great food presentation..The best food of all is the sea bass...the best sea bass I have ever tasted,very well cooked..Although quite expensive but its all worth...For the service awesome and very welcoming plus the atmosphere of the restaurant complete it all...5 Star for the Restaurant...

1  Thank David B

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I organized a dinner here for a group of 16 people a few weeks ago, and we had a wonderful time. The staff was very helpful even before our visit, working with us to plan the menu for our group, and a delight to interact with when we were at the restaurant. We had someone who was not feeling well who just wanted white rice, and the East 8 staff actually went to another restaurant to get him some rice! That guy missed out on some amazing food, however, as we were served course after course of absolutely delicious food. Food is one of the highlights of any trip for me, and I was very impressed by both the concept and the execution of the dishes. At the same time, we had a few picky eaters in our group, and they also enjoyed the food. We all left stuffed and happy, and at about US$45 a head (excluding drinks) the price seemed very reasonable for the quality of both the food and the service.

The atmosphere was quite neat as well, as it is a cozy place with a New York City theme. Many of the people in our group were from New York or New Jersey, and even the Manhattanites were impressed by the decor and attention to detail ... one commented that they didn't expect to feel so "at home" half the world away. For such a new restaurant (I think they said they'd been open for about a year), I was very impressed ... I'll definitely try to eat here again when I'm back in Singapore.

1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I read about East 8 on trip advisor while researching things to do in Singapore. I'd been there before, but always avoided the Clarke Quay area (East 8 is a fifteen minute walk). I'm active duty Navy, and we had a group of 8 people there on a Friday night. The staff was hospitable and very welcoming, and made us feel right at home (most nice restaurants treat a table of enlisted sailors like pariah's) I didn't have that experience at East 8. The food was unbelievable, especially the chicken wings (we ordered 15 plates of these). I actually ate everything on the menu and didn't dislike anything. If you are in Singapore for only one night, this is the place to have dinner. If you're there for 20 minutes, this is the place to have a drink. It is hands down in the top five restaurants I've ever eaten in, and I've had it all over the world. If I lived in Singapore I'd eat there once a week at least. Check it out you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went here with my girlfriend recently. The menu's made of tapas and cocktails. Its a bit hard to find but the area is nice and peaceful. A perfect spot right in town for people looking to get away from the hustle and bustle, without travelling too far.

Most of the dishes are pretty good, especially the succulent Argentinian beef. The drinks are outstanding, especially the lychee saketini and the jello shots (Manhattan delight; sold as a pair if I'm not mistaken).

Overall a must go for the deco and the drinks with a pretty substantial dining menu.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I was alone there for a drink. So I can't comment food. Location and atmosphere is ok. Service unprofessional but super nice that's ok. Prices though a bit upfront.
Nice place but....