“Amazing tappas asian style”

East 8 New York Fusion Tapas + Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a must try restaurant as the food is amazing and a great fusion between asian, western and tappas.

We had a good selection of dishes and all were superb with beatiful clean, fresh and intense flavours. The highligts for us were the chilean sea bass, duck kimchee salad and argentinian rib eye. Its a shame we found this place on our last night as we would definately have revisited. The waiting staff are great and made us feel very welcome....thanks Ben.

Its a mid to high priced restaurant (about $200SD for 2 people was a good sized meal with wine) but worth every penny and would definitely recommend a visit.... we wish we had one in the uk!

3  Thank Matnalix

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have went there three times and everytime has been amazing. The was, is and always will be amazing...there is no way it can go wrong.
Starting from the proscuitto ham with soft white mozz cheese...drizzled with truffle sauce. I could eat that whole night long.
- cod or was it seabass sashimi (couldnt remember cos it was so good) with caviar.
- chicken wings of two different cooking method...spiced and none spiced
- tender beef slices, cooked medium rare and to perfection with ponzu sauce that just melts in your mouth
basically try every single freaking thing, its that good...and the drinks are good too...try this pink jello bublly sake drink...
all in all, great experience and the decor is cool and like no other, with a lot of vintage finds from New York itself.
New hang out place with class and great food.

2  Thank fatboyhappy
Reviewed January 18, 2013

visiting Singapore from NYC, the city where variety of foods are abundant, this place tickled my fancy taste buds! every mouthful is heaven and every sight is simply.. NYC. I am addicted to their Chilean seabass (it melts in your mouth, literally!), tuna avocado, spiced wings, buffalo cheese, pork skewers, chocolate pot, panna cotta and sake jelly.
during my brief visit in Singapore, I managed to visit East 8 twice in which I ordered different variety of plates and stayed til their closing hour. the place is perfect to hang out with friends and family. service is warm and friendly. ambience is very relaxing and decor is top-notch artistry. too bad I didn't get a chance to try their lunch menu :( but definitely next time!

2  Thank chialala
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent food and great place to chill, feels like hanging out in NY lounge !!! Chilean sea bass and the sake jelly are definitely must order items from menu. Pork belly, yuzu beef, buffalo cheese, hamachi are also great choices. Portion is perfect size for sharing. Dont forget to get the chocolate pot and panacotta for dessert !!

2  Thank K K
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Came in with a party of 8 and had the chance to try nearly all the food in their menu. I have to say this is one of the greatest tapas places I’ve been to. Since the appetizer until the dessert we could not resist to lick the plates clean, my favourite was the seabass and the buffalo cheese meanwhile the cocktails are not to be missed. The staffs were very attentive to our needs without being annoying. What made me fell in love with this place was the picture perfect New York design accompanied by great jazz music. Even though there were other guests during our visit the space feels very personal and not congested. I think anyone who seeks to have business meetings, family dining or just a causal hangout with friends would love this place.

3  Thank Leviaaa