“Good Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A colleague recommended this restaurant after hearing that I like Italian food. According to my colleague, the restaurant was always full on his previous visits. When we visited the place one weekday night, it happened to be an unusually quiet day, as we were the third group of customers, and the chef was out talking to the customers. Shortly after we were seated, the waitress brought out the bread and olive oil with vinegar. I ordered the black ink pasta with squid, as not many Italian restaurants serve this dish. My course was served a while later than my colleagues', as I understand that black ink pasta takes longer to cook. The sauce has a rich favour with a splash of vinegar and wine, that sent my heart racing. The portion was just nice for me, but my colleagues ordered a pizza to share. The thin-crusted mushroom pizza came freshly baked, so the cheese was creamy and soft. We managed to find room in our stomach for dessert and the petite profiteroles fitted in nicely. The ice-cream filling was not too chilly on the teeth, though the chocolate was a tad too sweet for me.
Overall, it was nice and I will consider going back.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Delicious food with great service. I'm so glad this place is in our neighborhood. The servers were attentive and proactive with every need. My husband got the pumpkin gnocchi and I got the seafood pasta. Both were fresh and flavorful. The we're also accommodating of an off the menu order for my daughter. We'll be back!

1  Thank TravelGirl9944
Reviewed February 10, 2013

It is not often that one gets to enjoy a good meal from the starters right through to the dessert. At our first visit to this restaurant we had this wonderful experience. We started with the Calamari Alla Griglia and the Bruschetta, and they really had an oomph and freshness in them.. They were generous with the grilled calamari, and the Bruschetta using baby tomatoes would put the bruschetta of many if the bigger-named Italian restaurants to shame. We shared a Salsiccia pizza which had tomato, mozzarella and homemade pork sausages, and although we were not expecting too much from this pizza it was tasty and really nice. For a medium-thin crust we found the crust light, and we finished the whole pizza between the two of us. Filled as we were we shared the lava cake and a tiramisu, and they were really good. They were not overly sweet, and had a springy and light texture. It was a really good lunch and we look forward to dinner with a bigger group where we could try the other main dishes, and of course not forgetting the other dessert.

3  Thank Chris997