“Top-Notch Tour, Great Guides”
Review of Druthers Biking - CLOSED

Druthers Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Druthers Biking Singapore provides bicycle rental service in the city. We deliver bicycles to your preferred location/hotel so that you are able to ride them without needing to hunt for a bicycle rental shop. It is also ideal for companies looking to rent large quantity of bicycles for events. Our bicycle rental service comes along with complimentary helmet usage as well as light for overnight cycling.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I can't say enough about Druthers Biking Singapore. My husband and I booked a 3 hour afternoon tour and had Goh and Austin as our guides. With only four of us on the tour, we were able to get from one attraction to another fairly quickly, with plenty of time to enjoy the sites and take photos.

All told, we rode about 13 km (8 miles) all around the southearn part of Singapore, from Boat Quay through Chinatown and downtown, Olympic Walk by the Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay (took photos from the living room), across the Marina Barrage, past the Marina Bay Golf Course and Marina East, by the Singapore Sports Hub (set to open next year), and finally ended the tour with a tasty dinner at the Old Airport Road Food Center. It's slightly different from the path outlined on their website, as our guides Goh and Austin took us to additional places on the tour.

The bikes we road were small-ish, light-weight bikes that folded, which made it easy to take with us inside the food center and on the subway at the end of the tour.

Every time we turned into a new street, I kept saying, "Wow!" And Goh would always respond, "Thank you for your wow." I've never met anyone so proud of their city. It really made us appreciate the tour even more.

If there's anything I could change, it would be that the tour was longer. I could have ridden for another 3 hours around this amazing city. There are so many bike/pedestrian paths with ramps all around that it was almost effortless to get from one point to another. Perhaps in the future, they can add options to explore other neighborhoods like the Arab Quarter and Little India.

Overall, highly recommended. Skip the bus tour and ride through Singapore instead with Druthers. It's the only way to explore the city and get into tight spaces and areas inaccessible by car. That, or by foot.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Druthers Biking

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband & I were the first to experience a 'night' cycling tour which was ideal for us - the sun wasn't beating down and the temperature had cooled slightly. Singapore at night with all the buildings and landmarks lit up is magical! We started the tour at 7pm, finishing around 10.30pm - very easy cycling (no hills), relaxed cycling pace and included a delicious meal and drink which was included in the tour price. The roads weren't busy and navigating around the outskirts was easy. We had the pleasure of being guided by a local with extensive knowledge of the area who enthusiastically answered our questions. We were even thanked for our 'WOW' comment at one point during the tour. We would highly recommend this tour to anyone travelling to Singapore.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We love to bike, but you definitely don't need to be a cyclist to enjoy seeing Singapore via a Druthers bike tour. Tom was our guide, and he could not have been nicer. We saw lots, learned lots, and had a great lunch.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I went to Singapore last year for vacation. As soon as I landed on the airport in Changi, I instantly fell in love with SG. I've never been to a place so organized and sooo tourist-friendly. We walked around and looked for stuff to do. And about a day before we were to leave, we didnt realize that we could rent a bike at Druthers, its just on the same building as where we were staying(Happens Inn?). We were so excited to go around and explore SG with very comfy and safe bikes! We wre provided maps so we'd know how to go to Singapore's landmarks. As far as I can remember, we met Armando and Andrew Goh who were very accommodating and nice to us. We swore that once we go back to Singapore we'd definitely go back to Druthers and go round Singapore with em bikes. I actually refer druthers to my friends who tell me they'll be going to Singapore cause i know for sure they'll have fun, cause I sure know we did! ;)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had such a great experience today with my tour guide Tom on the Singapore bike tour. Let me start off by saying that I left my hostel 45 minutes early to meet for the tour in more than enough time, however after walking very far in the wrong direction, getting on the wrong bus and then finally catching a cab I arrived half an hour late. This was not a problem, and Tom told me to sit down and relax and have some water while he gave an overview of the sights we would see.

The tour covered so many sights, and Singapore is such a lovely city that I couldn't help but "ooh and aah" at everything we passed by. Tom was very informative and very proud of his Singapore. He even sang me a song about Singapore's redevelopment! I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the city.