“Excellent hostel”
Review of Central 65 Hostel

Central 65 Hostel
Ranked #100 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was one of the best hostels we have stayed in the entire time we have been travelling.
Immaculate rooms, great personal pods with locker for huge bags and locker in your pod with a plug socket so we could leave our phones and iPads on charge while we went out no problem.

Awesome free breakfast and free wifi which was super quick.
Great selection of movies to watch if it rains.
Super friendly staff who were really helpful form helping us check in early to showing us how to navigate the city and giving us helpful tips about the cheapest way to cross in to Malaysia.

Great hostel!

Room Tip: The rooms are all great because of the privacy of the pods. So cheaper the better opt for the bigges...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed there for 10 days and it was quite wonderful. Though you sleep in a cube but that's the best you can get in Singapore if you want a little privacy of yourself(I have checked other as well with bed bugs). Location is great like Little India, mustafa center, local food center, popular bus-stop(few steps away), Near Bugis MRT, Sim-Lim Square(Computer plaza) and It's near center of the city.if you have got Map app on your smart phone, that will be great. Breakfast is tasty and healthy. Internet connection is really fast. Clean bathroom and toilets(trust me). You can wash and dry your clothes in a convenient way. Last but not the least you will find very friendly staffs to look you around...Enjoy your stay in Singapore!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SiddharthaSharma
Reviewed March 17, 2014

日本から初の女1人旅に挑戦しました!快適な環境の中、沢山の出会いや経験が積めた4日間でした!!
I was so lucky to deside to stay at b88 hostel for four days !! This time was first for me to take a trip to Singapore alone including staying at hostel . I was a little bit nervous before came here . However my English was not good , ALL of staff took care about me so kindly !! especially Ms.Chew and Mr.Seif made it comfortable to stay and talk with for me :)) Actually I lost my way from nearest station to this hostel once . But everyone is easy on the way to and from this hostel except me . While I was staying there I made friends with many kinds of friends from countries in room and lounge !! All of my purposes were carried out perfectly even if I was typical Japanese women ... !!! I gonna recommend you so much particularly japanese if you waver in staying hostel or something !! Special thanks for all :)) " Arigatou "

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hostel staff was fantastic, helpful with every question we had. The free breakfast was good, too, with bread and spreads, cereal and fruit (coffee and tea avail all day). They were also kind enough and allowed us to stow our bags and hang out after we had already checked out since we had a late night train departure. The only thing that kept it from a five was the bathroom was a bit musty. I believe this was mostly due to an issue with a broken exhaust fan that was repaired on our last night. We enjoyed the location since many cheap eats nearby and we didn't find the LRT to be very far as previous comments have indicated. We did find it to be a bit high priced but seemed to be standard for Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Apart from atmosphere and staff that was not really fun, my stay at B88 was okay. Might consider booking it again, in case I ever come back but would definitely also look for alternatives. The area little India seemed to not be happy about all the tourists. This made us feel very uncomfortable walking around.... a bit bad smell in dorm because beds like a boxs

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Hung T
Reviewed February 14, 2014

located in Jalan Besar Bugis, this hotel gave me no doubt to stay in. i spent three nights in this hostel with a friend of mine and the staff was very helpful. I thought it wouldn't give me any comfort recalling that it was 14 mixed bed room, but i was wrong. each bed was confined in a wooden cube, allowing me to sleep in any embarrassing position without being seen by the others in the room.

Laptop is what i cannot travel without. checking the roads less travelled and spots mostly visited on the internet, i did not need to go down the lobby for wifi, but i can use the free wifi internet access in the cube as fast as it was in the lobby. The internet access was super fast.

the bathroom was very clean. since i was from Indonesia, i prefer having WC equipped with tap water than the dry one, and this hostel suits me best. the bathroom area in level 3 consists of WC, a shower room, a shower room and WC, and one large washbasin with four taps.

No lifts available in this hostel but i bet it won't paralise your legs to use the steps. down to the lobby was a very comfortable room, more like a family room with a large screen tv, with sofa around, a dining table and cutlery along the kitchen table for self-serving breakfast. i always had cereal mixed with some bananas for my breakfast, while you may have toasted bread with jam...to your liking.

stepping out the hostel, strolling around the area not far from the hostel, i found lots of food vendors that i thought i had to give it a try. Indian foods really came to my flavour. I fell in love with briyani, one of traditional foods from India. the rice bathed with curry-flavoured stock gave a combination of savoury taste of rice blending with strong spicy aroma of clove. Chinese foods are also scattered everywhere around this hostel. some markets selling snacks and drinks that you may want to bring to the hostel are also widely available.

Wishing to go to some other spots like chinatown, Bugis market, Little India, Kampung Glam, up to the iconic tourist attractions of Singapore such as Universal Studio and Merlion Park? you can wrap them all by hopping on fast train MRT from Farrer Park station, the nearest MRT station from the hostel.

all in all, this hostel is highly recommended for you all to stay over. it's spotless, the staff is helpful,and this hostel keeps you connected to internet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yudha A
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We arrived here after a late flight and the staff were very helpful in making sure we got our key when no one was at the desk. We were in a mixed room in a queen size bed. The bed was a good size with enough room about our heads. However we found the ladder to the bed a bit awkward and the bed creaked as we climbed in, which we were especially conscious of when trying not to wake other guests beneath us. The shared bathroom was clean but a little cramped and as we were in a mixed room, the bathroom was unisex. Breakfast was provided downstairs in the lobby where there was a huge TV, couches, books and a good atmosphere. Overall this hostel is basic but good value for Singapore and well kept.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple