“Good spread, but expected more”
Review of L'Espresso

L'Espresso
Ranked #789 of 11,762 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Established as a choice destination for English Afternoon Tea in Singapore, L'Espresso is a cosy cafe by day and a chic lounge by night, complete with a breezy poolside terrace area. This spacious and breezy terrace has also become an ideal location for wedding solemnizations.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked to come here for the Mother's Day English High tea, and having frequented Goodwood Park's Restaurant and Deli before, we were always very satisfied and hence thought it would be a perfect occasion for Mother's Day lunch. Don't get me wrong the spread was quite good, and the staff were very friendly, however, I do not think it represents good value for money for the food. for an English High tea buffet one would think the buffet would be extended to tea and coffee, but was surprised that this only included 2 drinks which was a bit disappointing. Having said that the ambience was great and this is the price you pay for mother's day.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a local Asian high tea here on Easter Sunday and for the value of $33++ it was great. All the local favorites were on offer, fresh, tasty and well presented. Th dessert bar which had the local bread and butter pudding was super.

Great place to bringing a group of friends along and spending a lazy Sunday afternoon

We will be going back again

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had coffee and a la carte sandwiches at L'Espresso during tea time because we were not hungry enough to have a full high tea. My club sandwich was very good, and my wife's ham and cheese sandwich was good. The French fries that accompanied them were average. The area seemed very well attended during high tea, perhaps because we were there during the Christmas season, and we felt fortunate to have a seat. Service was between average and very good, probably because most diners were eating the buffet and required little service. The location in the lobby is friendly and open, making us understand why L'Espresso is a favorite location for high tea in the Scotts Road area.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We went for the Christmas Day brunch for 2-5pm seating which was laid in the lobby and patio and the seating was spread across Gordon grill n L'espresso. We paid in advance for this brunch. It's $128++ food only, so is a good deal for a festive brunch. The appetizer, cheese and desserts were decent. But the mains were a disappointment. The food was cold. Also the chaffing dishes were huge so the food was not refreshed regularly. It was dry and looked unappetizing at 330pm when I went for it.
Also the layout not very aesthetic. The chefs had their workstation behind the Appetizer buffet. It was right in the open with all the food warmed cabinets, clearances, empty utensils, used cling wraps n silver foil lying around on the work stations.
I have been to the hi tea often which is excellent. But would not rate the brunch highly. I don't wish to criticize but hope they take this positively as they are a very practical solutions. Buffet has to look aesthetic along with being practical for both guests and staff. They just have to realize people utilize all the 3 hours for brunch and by the time they come to mains is probably after 2 hours. So keep the portions low for you to refresh frequently. After all its not a wedding buffet where guests are in a rush to eat and leave after the ceremony.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

When it comes to high tea, English High Tea always my first choice. We went to the hotel without reservation, this is my first high tea experience and I did not know reservation is required and it was so crowded on the way.

My experience is really really great. So far this is still the best and I like the most. You have enough variety to choose from, if you dun like certain stuff, you still have large alternative.

I love their sandwiches, dessert and tea. The bread they use, presentation and everything just so nice. They had smoked salmon in small serving. The Crème brûlée & bread pudding were nice and I had 2 portions.

I especially like the culinary set that use to serve the food. It is just so English. I will sure be back and if you want me to suggest where you can have high tea. That must be L’Espresso!!