“Never visit again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6,196 of 10,421 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
“Never visit again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The service is horrible. Attitudes of supervisor and waiters on duty were bad. I think they seriously need customer service training. Food is so ordinary that it is not worth the money. Cold chawanmushi. Coffee dispenser not working. Sigh! What a bad experience!

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
s'pore
“Enjoyable dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The raw food such as cuttlefish, fish balls, egg, green vegetables, 'angry bird' fish cake etc were on plates and moving along a conveyor belt system. Cooked food such as fried chicken wings, chicken nuggets, fried fish balls, tempura prawn, sushi -a few types and green soba were available at a corner counter. We did not make any reservation but fortunately enough sitting for the 6 of us. However I felt that the chairs were not really comfortable. 3 different soup bases were available-Tom Yum , chicken and teriyaki . Each hot pot can fill 2 different soup base. I prefer the Tom yum and my kids the chicken soup. Cold drinks are available but not hot drinks. Ice cream - potong traditional type - red bean , durian, chendol and mango flavours were available that day.
I did not read up or find out anything about this restaurant but after my visit I read the reviews about the "average " staff - well to me they are reasonably polite. I also saw that a few of the staff were very chatty with a pair of mom and daughter - a regular customer ...
My visit was on a public holiday and during dinner so the pricing is higher than the weekday pricing.
I personally felt that food was average but my kids really enjoyed the different atmosphere - I guess that makes this dining such an enjoyable one.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Mediocre food, poor service, cramped seating”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This restaurant features an all you can eat buffet hotpot with a self service food counter for prepared items e.g. sushi, chicken wings, fried fishballs etc. The raw food for the hotpot comes your way via a conveyer belt system. Free flow drinks and ice cream are also available. Prices range from about SGD22-30/USD18-25 per head, depending on when you go (lunch/dinner, weekday/weekend).

Seating is either counter style or in a 4 person booth. Both are equally uncomfortable; my partner and I were fortunate enough to be given a booth but considering we felt cramped, it would probably be worse for 4 or even 3 people.

Overall, the food standard is mediocre. The soup bases available for the hotpot are not particularly noteworthy. Since one has to cook the food in the hotpot, the end product is not noteworthy as well. The prepared food section is... unfortunately even worse. The selection of sushi rolls I saw were with egg fillings or canned tuna; no raw tuna or salmon. The cooked food selection is mainly processed food e.g. chicken wings, chicken nuggets, fishballs etc.

The outlet appears to be staffed with part timers as none of them appear to be over 20 years of age. While their age shouldn't be an issue, the staff unfortunately behave like the high school students they appear to be, calling out to each other across the restaurant, ignoring the customers and more focused on their own conversations. As this is a hot pot restaurant, one would start to pile up used dishes from the raw foodstuffs but until one calls for help to clear the plates, the staff would blithely walk past one's table.

For the price point being charged, I would advise one to steer clear of this place; I would personally have more satisfaction going to a McDonalds.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Average food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went there to eat last year at around 4 pm before the dinner crowd so the restaurant was empty. The food was average and service was prompt as there were few other customers. Today, I went back and it was crowded but not full. Here are some of the things that frustrated me:
1) The staff at the counter, which was at the entrance, was on the phone and did not seem to be having a work-related conversation although I may be wrong (she was talking about paying bills). I stood there for a good 5 minutes and she did not even acknowledge me, let alone put the line on hold and attend to me or call for another staff to show me to a seat.
2) Frustrated, a younger staff (likely a part-timer) happened to be clearing plates and walked past me. I called out to her and asked her if I was supposed to find myself a seat and she appeared to be very unsure and unprofessional about the layout of the restaurant, having to scan the room for seats. Eventually she offered me a counter seat because all other seats were occupied. I was too frustrated with the poor service to patronize it a second time.
3) Lastly, in the duration that I was waiting, I had full view of the sushi buffet and it had only one type of sushi while the other 5 spaces were empty and was not refilled.
Perhaps the poor service can be attributed to the crowd. However, basic customer service, in my opinion, should at least include acknowledging the customer or asking us to wait for a moment, rather than just continue talking on the phone and ignoring us.