“Good food at reasonable cost”

Amber Tandoor Restaurant
Ranked #966 of 11,592 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We went yesterday for dinner at this restaurant. We didn't ordered much but was quite happy with the food they have served.
Tried steam chicken monos, tandoori chicken starter, butter chicken. Momos were really soft and so was chicken. I liked the tandoori chicken the most it was marinated nicely. Mint chutney has lovely tangy taste. Overall food was nice !
Could be that many people don't like open restaurant as it is next to the road.

1  Thank PoojaKawatra

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to celebrate with dinner at this food joint with trepidation as some of the reviews online were unsavoury for Amber. How wrong they were! We had the mutton korma nawabi, butter chicken, garlic naan, steamed chicken momo, and lots more, with sweet lassi (yogurt drink) & beer. Great food in the middle of Little India. We didn't like one dish and they took it off our bill to our delight! We paid a total of $120 for the seven of us, very reasonable for the magnificent kormas and curries. Nepalese and Indian food fare! We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very oily food and tea served with mug full of tea leaves and staff not ready to address the issue. On notifying the issue staff behaved in a very rude manner and it was very unethical behavior. Never came across such behavior Singapore restaurants ever.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant is road side eatry on serangoon road in Singapore and is next to the broadway hotel. I ordered a plate of Chicken Momos, Butter Chicken and naan. Momo's is on the appetizer list so you expect it to come first but no, first comes the naan and butter chicken. While half way through the meal momos arrive and the very first bite shows a shower of oil squeezing out of it and then I looked at their special tray for momos and thats full of oil. I have tried momos at many places I never saw this. I called the staff to have a look and they said this is how they serve it. OK?? I did not understand it though. We have momos aside on the table and finished the butter chicken which was ok not great but not bad as momos.

After the oil trapped in the throat me and my wife ordered tea and to that the tea leaves where full in tea cup and on being asked by the staff same lame ans was got "this is how it is made"..wow..I never had tea with chewing tea leaves?? So, the staff started shouting and showed anger. Instead of being sorry I was advised to learn how tea is made.

A hell experience and will never turn back to the place nor advise anyone to visit, this just spoiled our evening and the attitude of the staff clearly showed they were some goons.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just two minutes walk away from Mustaffa's you'll find this little street cafe. We have been eating here regularly for 4 years. It is actually our favorite place to eat. Great food, reasonable prices, excellent service a a great view of the street action in Little India. Not fancy but consistently good!