“A great meal”

Fat Cow
Ranked #389 of 11,275 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fat Cow is a Japanese-inspired meat atelier where the promise of a bespoke dining experience is carried through from a handpicked selection of the finest Wagyu beef to its luxurious wines, sakes and signature cocktails. Guests may enjoy their choice of beef over a variety of Japanese preparation methods - Shabu-Shabu, Sukiyaki, or the ever-popular Sumibiyaki (charcoal-grill).
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was actually quite impressed by Fat Cow although I had read the reviews on tripadvisor. I think the meal was better than the average overall rating given.

Three of us for dinner on a Saturday and shared the spinach salad, tofu and tuna, as well as fish carpaccio. For mains, we had two types of steak, sweet potato and fat rice. We tried three types of dessert. We brought our own wine (corkage was S$50 a bottle). The service was good. I agree that it was not a cheap meal (it depends on the type of meat you choose) but I've had a lot worse value for money!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had a business lunch here and ordered the lunch sets. They all sound quite good and range from $25-45. I took the "safe" Bara Chirashi. My other associates had the japanese curry and Foie Gras on sushi rice. My Bara was ok, nothing outstanding. It came with chawunmushi, miso soup and salad, which were ok. The japanese curry was a lot darker in colour than most i've seen, but my friend seemed to like it. No complaints from the foie gras meal either, though it's a little rich for me. Overall an ok place, perhaps dinner would be the time to be impressed, or disppointed

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is really great steak.We had Wagyu A4and5 Ribeye which was full of flavor and meltingly tender.The waiter was exceptionally helpful and overall a wonderful experience ending with a palate-cleansing Yuzu sorbet.Yes it is expensive but it is of the highest quality.Personally I prefer the quality here to the quantity of Morton's or The Cut.A curious location at the bottom of the Campden Medical Centre but a good ambience inside.One of the best places to eat for grown-ups in Singapore.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We had a dinner on fat cow. The ambience was good at the grill bar, nice interior.. Service was OK.. However, we feel that the food and drinks was not that great.. We ordered the butcher collection which said to be their best beef, but the beef quality isn't there.. It was a bit rough, worse than wagyu marbling 6, but with the price of Kobe.. And the ranger valley beef was even worse.. But, they have a good spices and fat rice, despite the overstated beef quality...
Overall, OK, but overpriced..

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had dinner at Fat Cow to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant is decorated very nicely but it was a little noisy in the dining area that we were seated at. The table sitting beside us were quite rowdy and the Japanese paper room divider between didn't do much to muffle the sound. It wasn't exactly the 'romantic' ambience that I was hoping for.

Having said that, the food certainly impressed us and once the dishes came out, we soon forgot about the noisy table beside us. Highlights for us were the 'slow-cooked ox tendon and seared foie gras with daikon' and 'rice porridge with egg in a mushroom-beef broth'.

To end the night, the chef prepared a complimentary dessert platter for our anniversary which I thought was very thoughtful of them.