“Great food & service.”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The humongous pork ribs are to die for. They are succulent and tender. 2 of us ladies couldn't finish it all. Not a big fan of the hoissin sauce or any hoissin sauce in general. It was alright to complement the AMAZING PORK RIBS.

Pizza was good - thin crusted and generous toppings. The pavolova is just heavenly!
The only place that serves Speights cider beer in Singapore.. yum..

There was a Kiwi lady taking care of us and her service is wonderful. Attentive and friendly.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was laid back and classy. Washrooms are v clean.

We didnt stay for the live bands downstairs and head over elsewhere in CQ with bettermusic.

There are newer reviews for Fern and Kiwi

Reviewed March 9, 2013

When I first went to the F&K, I was blown away by the food and the service of the clearly kiwi crew, who were friendly and fabulously welcoming. Although it is still good, I have noticed things slipping a little. The food, which I would once describe as amazing, if now pretty good.The staff who I would once say fantastic, I would say are ok. Don't get complacent F&K. Many want you to succeed

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Fern & Kiwi is a New Zealand-themed restaurant and bar in Clarke Quay. They have a bar downstairs and a restaurant upstairs, and I've dined at both.

I've been here 3 times now and I have to say the food is not only delicious but CONSISTENT. I highly recommend the salmon, the steak and fish and chips!!! The pizzas are fantastic too, surprisingly. The vegetarian pizza is one of the best i've had, and I'm a meat-lover. Not a fan of lamb, but the lamb here is good, has none of that gamey smell. If anything, skip the fries, too little based on the price we paid, $8 if I remember correctly.

The bar had an awesome live band too. If you like cocktails, you can't pass up on their signatures. Forgot the cocktail I had but it was all green, super yummy. A friend tried their pink dragon fruit cocktail, also delicious! Have to give credit to the bar manager, very friendly guy who makes a mean cocktail. The beer prices are about $12 to $14 per pint, reasonable for the location and ambience, and on par with other beer prices around that area. Steinlager Super Cold is worth a try.

To summarize, I have a lot of favorites menu items, its a cosy place to hang out at, and I've had no problems with the service at all, definitely worth a go.

Last thing, NICE, CLEAN TOILETS!!! Welcome change from the other toilets around Clarke Quay......

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Menu looked good, but from a group of 7, 3 of us returned our food because either it wasn't hot or the steak was undercooked. One of my colleagues actually refused his steak 2nd time round and asked for a refund. My own was ordered medium well and came out medium rare, and even after sending it back it was barely medium and the sauce had dried up. Disappointing fare for $35++ a steak. Had potential for a very good meal but sadly disappointed.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a New Zealand themed restaurant. I was expecting more from the restaurant. It was a quiet mid-week evening and service was pleasant and efficient. Food was pretty average and I don't think you would get away with fish and chips as average as this in NZ. We ate upstairs and the dining area was smart with big open windows looking out on the square. The most depressing things were the stacks of chairs and other surplus furniture that you had to walk past to get to the table. I don't know if it's just me but this sort of carelessness puts me out of sorts. It represents both poor management and a sign of decline and unpopularity. I think they need a kiwi to have a close look at it.