“Excellent place to stay, secure, friendly and warmhearted services ;)”
Review of ABC Premium Hostel

ABC Premium Hostel
Ranked #95 of 235 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Me and friends spent 3 days and 2 nights at here, cozy and comfort tv lounges, locker to put your shoes, bag and important things, it's very secure. Lovely and friendly staff, its the best recommended hostel for your friends and family!! :D

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kyra421

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location:
From Changi airport, we rode the East West (green line) train, alighted at Outram Station and transferred to Northeast (purple line) train and got off at Farrer Park. The hostel is a 2-minute walk along Owen Road from Exit D of Farrer Park station.

Reception:
From outside, the hostel looks small and seems to be a quiet place. When we got in, there was a sign that shoes were have to be removed. There was no lift so we carried our 17-kg suitcase all the way up two flights of stairs. But when the receptionist saw us coming upstairs, she volunteered to carry our suitcase herself. She was cheerful, kind and helpful. She briefly showed us around the place, informed us of the basic amenities which include the pantry, refrigerator, TV lounge, computer area with free wifi, terrace where we could relax, common shower room and toilet before she finally brought us to our room. The rooms are all digitally locked, and the key deposit costs SGD20.

Room:
We paid for a Queen-size double bunk bed before we realize it was in a coed room and we were all girls. So we requested if we could be reassigned to an all-girls room, unfortunately, they were fully-occupied that time. We were shown to our original purchased room, then. It was big, airconditioned, clean and quiet. We each got our own lockers at each side of the bed and one below so all our things were perfectly safe. Each bed has a white curtain to cover the transient/s from plain sight. My friend and I got two comfortable pillows each and shared one comforter. I want to mention this because we had a very comfortable sleep for 3 nights. It's a home away from home.

Roommates:
I was worried about staying at a coed room but as soon as we stepped into our assigned room, my worries immediately vanished. There was an Asian couple in the far end of the room, whose presence we rarely felt, they were very quiet. We unpacked our things as quietly as we can, went out for the first tour on our itinerary, and returned at about midnight. That night, we shared the room with the couple, a Caucasian guy in his mid-thirties, and two other Filipino boys. When these guys noticed that we were of the same nationality, they talked to us and interviewed us for several minutes, which made us feel awkward. I guess they were just excited to share the same room with girls. But the unspoken rule in places like this is to mind your own business and respect the privacy of others. I didn't like being asked unnecessary questions by strangers sharing my room. Luckily, we were too tired to not be able to sleep well despite their presence. The next two nights, they were all gone and we had a new roommate, a young Asian boy who is more quiet and easier to coexist with. I guess it's an issue of luck with roommates.

Pantry & Refrigerator:
I think the pantry is a perfect amenity in this hostel. We had late dinner on our 2nd night and we were able to heat our food in the microwave oven for free. Guests can also store their food in the refrigerator and not worry about it being consumed or stolen by others. Just ask for a sticker from the reception area that says "Sorry, this belongs to ___". Or if you're feeling generous, you could put a sticker that says something like "Free sharing for everyone".

TV Lounge & Computer w/ Free WiFi:
The lounge looks very inviting, with big pillows all over the area in front of a flat screen TV. On the near left side of the lounge is the computer area. They have four desktop units with free WiFi. Tourists can easily search for directions and contact details thru the internet. Or if you have to contact friends residing within Singapore, you don't have to go to a mall to have WiFi. The hostel has a fast and convenient internet connection.

Toilet/Shower/Powder Rooms:
I guess these areas need a bit more improvement. The floors were always moist if not wet. At least for the girls' toilet, I didn't see a poster of rules and regulations for proper use. One or two toilets were clogged by toilet tissues. But in general, the area was not gross dirty, definitely not stinky and not prone in voyeurism. I didn't have any awkward feeling of being peeped on. The powder room is located next to the shower rooms, whose windows open directly towards the terrace. Because we were in a coed room, we doll ourselves up and get dressed here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mscpbldr
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2nights and 3days here and worth it bought from GroupOn. Hope to see more GroupOn voucher from this hostel. Easy access to MRT Farrer Park by 10-15 minutes walking distance. The neighbourhood of this hostel nothing much to offered, but it was a quiet place to stay after spent time in town.
The room air cond was superb. The bed fits two persons for the Double bunk bed and it was so comfortable. We got three lockers which 1 for the shoes/slippers, 1 for the bag(big luggage) and 1 for personal belongings such as phone and wallet.
Overall i think it was a superb hostel to spent your money in SG.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 1, 2013

location : 3 minutes walk to ferrer park MRT station, easy to get around
hotel : from outside its like an ordinary old building. once you step in you'll be suprised. modern hostel, high tech, ..very nice atmosfere. Stayed at 24 bed dorm. everyone got 3 locker with digital keys. clean and comfy and clean bed.
easy to find "halal' food around and cheap (SGD 4)
its not a party hostel, so you can sleep well at night, safe hostel even for solo travel. enjoying my stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for a few days. I am really very impressed with ABC Premium. The best place about this hostel is its location. Walking distance to MRT train station and a super huge shopping mall (MUSTAFA). Quite central location hence I can get to many attractions and shopping places within 15-30 minutes.
Another thing I like about this place is the modern outlook yet very homely and comfy. TV lounge definitely makes it very homely too. Overall, clean and nice. Definitely recommending this place to my friends!

Room Tip: There is a ten-bed room, very ideal for big group or family to stay at hostel price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent amenities, love the lounge area, the staff was polite and helpful and the place is very clean and cosy especially the bed and pillow. It is better than what I expected. I got a good night sleep (for 9 hours) without disturbance/nuisance.

The only thing that is not working is the hair dryer and the women's washroom is a bit dirty (not a problem for me).

The place is well located 2-3 minutes away from Farrer Park MRT which is very convenient to travel around for back-packers/visitors. Took me about 15 mins to reach Harbourfront to USS. I would definitely go to this place on my next visit and highly recommend this to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am in Singapore for short-term business project and staying at this place now more than a month. The reason behind I've chosen this place because of it's clean environment with awesome amenities such as TV lounge, Computers with free Wifi, cosy bed, and nice locker system to keep your things safe. The staff is excellent and very helpful, they've recently refurbished the terrace and view is awesome specially in night! Everyday breakfast is good and you can also ask them for help or other things such as laundry or etc.

Well I'm planning to stay here for few months more to explore the beauty of Singapore ;) I'd definitely recommend this place to everyone. Keep it up the good work!

Room Tip: Under the budget and worth the money! ;)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business