“Vegetarian awesomeness in an MSG driven country”
Review of Real food

Real food
Ranked #1,614 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Vegetarian awesomeness in an MSG driven country”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I love this place because its food, organic vegetables available for purchase and its people! I would have rated this place excellent except for the fact that the quinoa-lentil burger needs to congeal a little more - tried it twice already to do a comparison test. I would recommend putting some flax seed meal as an egg substitute. I use it myself. The food price is exorbitant but then this is Singapore! I am simply thankful that a colleague of mine, Ben, suggested this place to me. The ambiance, the service and the most friendliest people on earth work here...they are Filipinos! Yup! I am a little biased since I am Filipino. Overall, I am glad Singapore has several awesome wholesome vegetarian places like Real Food.

• Visited February 2014

“Lovely ambience, wholesome meals”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Healthy, wholesome and tasty vegetarian meals made of real food and recognisable ingredients are hard to come by. I'm a vegetarian and this place is a gem. Love the classy and relax ambience with books and magazines at easy reach. Try the dumpling soup and pineapple french toast - keeps me going back! :)

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but expect to pay for tap water”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ate at Real Food Killiney Road on a Sunday evening with friends. The restaurant itself is lovely inside, really spacious and has a nice vibe. However, the staff seem to be run off their feet and really unhelpful. We struggled to get their attention and our order took a while to come. The food itself was really nice - I had the beetroot burger and others had pasta. My gripe with this place is that you have to pay for tap water. I have eaten in hundreds of restaurants around the world and never in my life have I had to pay for tap water. It's outrageous. In a lot of countries it's illegal not to serve water. In case you're wondering what the price of said tap water is it's $0.50 a glass or $1.50 per jug. Oh and they don't give you free refills - you have to pay.
Although I enjoyed the food and it's 5 minutes walk from my house I probably won't be back. I just can't justify paying for tap water. Ridiculous.

• Visited February 2014
California
“Good food even if vegetarian”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm a regular here by myself as many friends refuse to eat wholesome vegetarian food. My favorites are steamed dumpling, stuffed portobello, and their eggs are delicious! I like it because I can read magazines as food is prepared slowly, I can browse the "health food store" that's right there too.
Delightful place to chill and unwind!

Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“I would never go back there”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Wife and I were tired from shopping and decided to take a short break. Saw this cafe and we walked right in. Firstly, no one came to serve us to we found a table and just plonked ourselves down. Looked through the menu and there wasn't anything interesting to eat. Staff were not unfriendly but they were not friendly either. I ordered the only coffee on the menu whilst the missus ordered a juice. The missus liked her juice but my coffee was worst than the type you get from Coffee & Toast, Ya Kun etc etc. It was diluted with no real coffee taste and I'm not even a fussy drinker. I like most types of coffee. To top it all off, my coffee was served in a cracked cup. I took pictures of this and will attempt to upload it through my mobile. Overall, will never ever step foot into that cafe again. I was kind enough to tell the waiting staff that the coffee cup has a huge crack at the bottom and all she said was "oh…". There wasn't a hint of an apology at all. People who serve organic and healthy food actually do care about health. It doesn't seem like this joint cares about its customers or the food & drinks they put in front of us.

• Visited December 2013