“Kouign Aman!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tiong Bahru Bakery
Ranked #1 of 97 Bakeries in Singapore
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tiong Bahru
manila
“Kouign Aman!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

If there's anything worth going to in TB Bakery, it's the kouign aman pastry. Light, tasty and just good comfort food.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Croissants in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the place both my husband and I had declared to have best croissants after we came back from a trip to Europe.

We missed croissants after the trip from Europe and by chance we've discovered this bakery. We have yet to patron the main shop in Tiong Bahru, but we did went to the branch at Raffles City.

We've been there a few times, and there are no items on the menu I will ask you not to try, so far. But croissants will be the one we always order, every time we go.

However, it's a bit pricey. A lunch for two person can come to $25-30, depending on what you order.

Nice hang out, with a cup of nice fragrant coffee.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
singapore
“Ain't sure if best croissant around but I like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I chanced upon the bakery shop on my way to lunch one day and remembered having saw a tv review that they served the best croissant around. It's a pretty small place with indoor and outdoor seatings. I bought the croissant and another pastry (can't renember name if it). $3.20 for a croissant is really expensive I thought but couldn't resist trying the so-called best croissant as claimed by many. I must indicate that I did not consume the pastry upon purchase. I left it till dinner. I was pretty surprise that even though I didnt heat up the croissant, the top part remained crispy still. I like that it doesnt flake off too much as I bite into it and also the doughy, fluffy texture inside. And its not overly buttery. For the first time I actually enjoy having a croissant without creating the mess. Though its kinda pricey for a croissant, I must say that it's actually quite big (only realised after taking it out from the paper bag). After finishing the croissant I barely could start the other chocolatey pastry. But I still but only finished it over 2 instalments. It was really chocolatish which I should enjoy very much since im a chocolate lover but somehow after a few bites you get a little tired of it. For once I prefer a croissant over my love- chocolate.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tiong Bahru!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Normally ordering two pastries with a cup of coffee, the average cost SGD 15 - 19 per person. It is not a cheap dining place.

Personally I like the newer Tiong Bahru Bakery (TBB) in Cityhall rather than here (Simply because closer to where I live and that one is bigger). It is a bit remote to visit TBB at Tiong Bahru as its neighborhood got less attractions to combine with. So if I come here for dining, simply because I really wanna go for it, but nothing else.

Still, It is good to finally visit it once though and first try its signature squid ink bun, with smoke salmon stuffing.

Cheers

Visited September 2013
“Great French Pastries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

A great place to catch up for a coffee in Singapore. The pastries are delicious and there is also a great selection of fresh breads. Cute setting, great service and close to the market. Definitely a regular spot to come back to as there are too many yummy treats to try!

• Visited September 2013