“Excellent service, tasty food and a serene ambience!”

1919 Waterboat House
Ranked #668 of 11,593 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: 1919 Restaurant & The Rooftop Bar Located at the entrance to the Singapore River and adjacent to the Merlion Park the waterboathouse was built in 1919. Various historical items are displayed on tables and the walls as a connection to the history of the building and location. Entry to the restaurant is up the original staircase to the first floor, and on the rooftop directly above 1919, is the zsister establishment- The Rooftop. The Rooftop offers a more initimate perspective on the roofttop drinking experience. Located on the open air rooftop of the heritage listed The Fullerton Waterboat House, the prime harbourfront location presents unobstructed views across both the Singapore CBD skyline and the new developments around Marina Bay. The menu features contemporary interpretations of European dishes-using fresh seasonal ingredients. The Rooftop serves from a Drinks and Bar Bites menu, with the food being prepared in the kitchen of 1919 Waterboathouse Restaurant one floor below. Drinks offered include Signature Cocktails- muddled infusions of fresh tropical ingredients without artifical sugars such as "The Orhcard"- vodka, apricot, apple, cinnamon & lemon; and the "Merlion Punch" -vodka, passion fruit, white peach & pineapple. Other refreshing cocktail specialities include Cuban Mojitos- Classic, Berry Twisted, and Lychee. Premium spirits and a selection of NV and vintage champagnes are avaialble by the bottle, draught beers are Heineken and Erdinger, and a range of specialty beers are imported exclusively from Japanese artisan brewery Baird Brewing.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had a nice and quiet dinner to celebrate my proposal to my fiancee back in May. The interiors were beautifully decorated and the service was excellent. The staff were always on-hand to provide more magic to an otherwise spectacular evening. The food was tasty too and we left with our custom-made Menu sheets to reminisce a truly memorable evening.

Special thanks to CK for making our evening glamourous.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Karthik K
Chunky N, Manager at 1919 Waterboat House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Karthik K,

The team at Boathouse & Prelude would like to, once again, congratulate you on your successful proposal! We are honored to have been a part of this special moment between you and your fiancee and cannot thank you enough for the compliments shared in your review.

Lastly, it was definitely my pleasure to have assisted in ways that I could to make it memorable and forever etched in both your memories! We look forward to hosting your many anniversaries to come! ;)

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I wanted a nice quiet place for a dinner to celebrate my anniversary with my fiance, so I thought of this place. Heard of this place but never had the chance to try it. I'm glad I made the choice to make reservation for dinner.
Firstly, we were greeted by Kader at the door. He was very warm and welcoming, making sure we were comfortable at our table, which of course had the best view for fireworks that night! All thanks to the arrangement of Chun Kiat, the manager. The menu was explained to us and we were given time to ponder and decide. My fiance and I finally decided to go with the 3 course meal. She had the cauliflower soup with pan seared sea bass while I had the fish stew and rib eye.
We were served some bread to start with, and I must say the staff were very attentive, never failing to top up our glasses of water. It's the little things that count I must say.
The cauliflower soup was good, nice mix and not strong. The fish stew can be a little overpowering for some, but to me it was good. It went really well with the piece of salmon that came with it. Mains were tastefully prepared I must say. Presented simply but yet elegant. Rib eye was cooked to medium perfection!
What better way to end a nice quiet cozy dinner than to stand at the gallery outside to watch the fireworks from the nearby NDP preview go off. Perfect!!
I would definitely be back to the nice cozy place to have a quiet dinner with my fiance.
Thanks for taking care of us!

1  Thank EvanChoe
Chunky N, Manager at 1919 Waterboat House, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Evan,

First & foremost, the team at Boathouse & Prelude would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred dining spot recently, especially since it's a special occasion between yourself and your fiance.

We are elated to know that your decision has been justified in many aspects and we can't thank you enough for the compliments showered upon us with your precious review.

Last but not least, we look forward to serving you and many others in the near future!

Maitre'd

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The Chefs of Boathouse never fail to surprise me! :D Been there a few time, food texture is good even the presentation of the food is beautiful. Makes all the worth going there. I have recommended this restaurant to a few of my friends and they were all very impressed by the food and of course the ambience.
Service staffs are friendly and on the ball. Good job!

1  Thank Missyhazey23

Dear Missyhazey23,

Thank you for your recent visit to Boathouse & Prelude! We appreciate you choosing & recommending us as your preferred dining spot on many occasions and your constant support and feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve greater heights!

Rest assured that the entire team has been informed of your review, which will not only serve to humble us but also to spur us on to delivering more to our future guests! :)

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went to the Boathouse for a birthday lunch with a group of 14 friends. We all went for the set lunch (choice of 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts)
The food was excellent, and the size of the portions was nice: I had the three course option and felt very satisfied without over eating.
The food tasted very French (no embellishing the dishes with expensive ingredients like they do so often at this side of the world when trying to cook European cuisine), and was very balanced.
The atmosphere was nice and the service very good.
Some of our friends were a bit surprised by the bill afterwards: although it is a set lunch, certain dishes cost more and the supplemental prices will be added to your bill. The final bill was therefore a bit higher than expected, but it was well worth it!

2  Thank karoh h
Chunky N, Manager at 1919 Waterboat House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear karoh h,

Thank you for taking time out to review us on TripAdvisor! We're definitely flattered and humbled by the recognition you've provided via this platform and rest assured that we will be working harder to provide the best dining experience (with value) for our guests!

We hope to serve you again in the near future, with the possibility of a new menu lined up in the 2nd half of 2013!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were a party of 6 from a diverse background (Just 2 Singaporeans and 4 foreigners) but found Boathouse amazing for its attentiveness to service as well as its well thought out menu. What sealed the deal for us was the warm atmosphere that was unpretentious and perfect for a casual business dinner after a long hard day. Would definitely bring guests back again.

3  Thank Carrie T

Dear CarriecarrieT,

Thank you for choosing Boathouse as your preferred dining spot (as well as holding your corporate meeting over the meal) recently! We are glad that our service did enough not to intrude during the business conversations you all were having around the table.

Most importantly, the team at Boathouse would like to thank you for taking your precious time out to give us the cherished feedback via this platform and we look forward to hosting more corporate luncheons/dinners for you and your company!