“As expected, excellent”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #25 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 3 week tour of malaysia. All hotels of a high standard are expensive in Singapore and this was no different, but we chose this hotel due to its unique architecture and its location, we were not disappointed.

The hotel is extremely centrally located and just a few minutes to the green subway line. Although we noticed that taxi is the preferred method by all who live there. FYI taxis are heavily regulated and so are very reliable and can't/won't rip you off.

We could walk to the maridia Sands hotel in 20mins - a nice walk. but had to take a taxi to the shopping street of Orchard road - shopping mall after shopping mall - crazy!

The hotel:

The breakfast was second to none
The room was very well styled and layed out - great bed!
The hotel staff were very professional, but lacked a smiling personal touch. Maybe because this seemed to be more of a business hotel.
The hotel itself was very modern and looked great.
The pool are was very good too and had a great view of the city. You also get a great view of the hanging gardens of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D8ost
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear D8ost, thank you for your wonderful comments. It is my pleasure to have you and your partner as our guests and I am pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience. For your next visit, you might like to check with our Concierge team regarding the complimentary shuttle service offered by the hotel for residents who wish to travel to Marina Bay for some retail therapy. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing it with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to you welcoming you back to our hotel-in-a-garden. Gino

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL on Pickering

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed it staying this hotel. Service was 5 star. Special thanks to saiful at concierge who always be there for me..breakfast was good and pool was nice.thank you parkroyal staff. Most memorable stay in entire life.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank moody_nader

Dear moody_nader, I am delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another refreshing experience soon. Gino

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed for a night recently. The 'sustainability' theme runs throughout the hotel with lots of green and wood about. The hotel is cleverly designed with terraces of green ridges full of plants layered around the hotel. The rooms had lots of wood, sliding doors, nooks and crannies and it was comfortable. Nice comfy bed, coffee machine with the capsules, generous amenities, fancy water bottles and nice views from where we were at the top. Nice views into other rooms as well so I suggest you use the fancy electronic curtains to make sure others don't see you walking around in your underwear. We experienced the 'Executive Club' so we could feel we were big shots for a day.
A very nice club it was too, with tall ceilings, good food, good wine , terrific views, smiling helpful waitresses and a wonderful ambience. Breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails were all delivered with a smile, that tells me people enjoy working there. Worth the extra if you want to experience that kind of thing. The hotel has a nice pool area and garden walk with these pods you can relax in and that is what we did. The whole experience was very enjoyable. Easy walks into Chinatown and all that has to offer and the area gives a bit of an insight into the old Singapore. I would go again.

Room Tip: Go for the top floors with views over the city
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeeponKrusing
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear pkruger777, it's always nice to hear from our happy guests and even more rewarding to know that you will be back to visit us. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel-in-a-garden. Gino

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is my second stay in this hotel. I love the design of the rooms with the timber walls and a soak in the bathtub is a welcome treat at the end of the day. My only complaint about the hotel is the quality of the housekeeping. I was there for 12 days and each day was a surprise as to what damage the cleaner had done to the room, and what they had replenished. I came back to big coffee stains on the floor going from the coffee machine to the bathroom (where they clean it). The next day the nice stone containers in the bathroom were damaged. The coffee machine was broken on another day. After 4 days I had to ask the cleaner to vacuum the floor. However, on a previous stay the cleaner (on a different floor) was excellent and very thorough in the cleaning. If it wasnt for the inconsistency in the cleaning I would rate this hotel as excellent.

Room Tip: A premium or junior suite are worth the extra money. They have great views over the park, and more...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stay on average 180 nights a year in hotels, so 3 hours to checkin in any hotel is not good enough, having now stayed at this hotel from the first week they opened and another 10+ times enough is enough. Upon arriving in my room after 16 hours of travel and needing to sleep, I peeled back the sheets to discover what can only be human fecal stains and some other no identified grey mould like stains. When choosing to stay here please check your sheets carefully, we dont pay good money to be at risk of hepatitis. So another wait and another room was supplied. I've many times provided constructive criticism to the managers of this hotel, and have seen a slide backwards in the past few months. There are a plethora of great hotels in Singapore, this one is destined to have people come and stay once vs becoming loyal customers. If this is the goal, its achieved, if you are considering staying here, I recommend anywhere but here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Passport_Stamps2

Dear Passport_Stamps2,

Thank you very much for your feedback and regular patronage of our hotel. I am sorry to learn that your recent experience was less than positive.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the check-in delay. Please allow me to explain that additional time was needed to accommodate your request for a room upgrade upon arrival at the hotel in the morning, though we were able to check you in within 30 minutes of our official check-in time of 2pm.

We are sorry for the stains on the bedsheets and assure you that this is a rare, unfortunate occurrence. Hygiene and the comfort of our guests are of top priority to us and we have since taken the necessary steps to tighten our already stringent laundry procedures.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback, which is helpful to us in enhancing service delivery to our guests. Gino

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Club Lounge room on level 14. Very clean and modern facilities with access to Club Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails.

Selection of eateries could be improved.

The welcome drink is absolutely mind blowing and timely served (i.e. at check in).

Staff are very attentive and helpful.

Will definitely have this hotel as my favourite in Singapore.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ausnz_10, I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the Orchid Club facilities. Our welcome drink 'Limenade' has also been receiving positive reviews from our guests and I am glad you enjoyed it too. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to PARKROYAL on Pickering for another refreshing experience soon. Gino

Reviewed March 25, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com