“3 hours to checkin, faeces on the sheets”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #20 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“3 hours to checkin, faeces on the sheets”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stay on average 180 nights a year in hotels, so 3 hours to checkin in any hotel is not good enough, having now stayed at this hotel from the first week they opened and another 10+ times enough is enough. Upon arriving in my room after 16 hours of travel and needing to sleep, I peeled back the sheets to discover what can only be human fecal stains and some other no identified grey mould like stains. When choosing to stay here please check your sheets carefully, we dont pay good money to be at risk of hepatitis. So another wait and another room was supplied. I've many times provided constructive criticism to the managers of this hotel, and have seen a slide backwards in the past few months. There are a plethora of great hotels in Singapore, this one is destined to have people come and stay once vs becoming loyal customers. If this is the goal, its achieved, if you are considering staying here, I recommend anywhere but here.

5 Thank Passport_Stamps2
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Passport_Stamps2,

Thank you very much for your feedback and regular patronage of our hotel. I am sorry to learn that your recent experience was less than positive.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the check-in delay. Please allow me to explain that additional time was needed to accommodate your request for a room upgrade upon arrival at the hotel in the morning, though we were able to check you in within 30 minutes of our official check-in time of 2pm.

We are sorry for the stains on the bedsheets and assure you that this is a rare, unfortunate occurrence. Hygiene and the comfort of our guests are of top priority to us and we have since taken the necessary steps to tighten our already stringent laundry procedures.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback, which is helpful to us in enhancing service delivery to our guests. Gino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Club Lounge room on level 14. Very clean and modern facilities with access to Club Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails.

Selection of eateries could be improved.

The welcome drink is absolutely mind blowing and timely served (i.e. at check in).

Staff are very attentive and helpful.

Will definitely have this hotel as my favourite in Singapore.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ausnz_10, I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the Orchid Club facilities. Our welcome drink 'Limenade' has also been receiving positive reviews from our guests and I am glad you enjoyed it too. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to PARKROYAL on Pickering for another refreshing experience soon. Gino
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for one week while on a business trip to Singapore. I found the location very convenient - a couple blocks from the Chinatown MRT, and walking distance to several restaurants.
The restaurant is nice, but the menu is somewhat limited, and the prices are very high compared to what you can find nearby.
I really like the focus on sustainability - they filter their own water onsite and provide it in refillable glass bottles each day.
The fitness center is very small, but has a good range of equipment for the size. The pool is very nice, but the lounge chairs and cabanas fill up quickly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lani C, thank you for your comments. It is my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing it with us on TripAdvisor. Gino
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've recently been a regular guest at the ParkRoyal on Pickering (staying there a couple day almost monthly for the past couple months) and it's become my favorite hotel in Singapore. The staff service is friendly and excellent...I'd say far more professional and sincere than other hotels in Singapore. After an administrative mistake on my part, Mr. Ibrahim and the concierge quickly came to my assistance and helped me immensely.
The high tea at the executive lounge is exquisite with a great view as well.
And, although if goes without mention, the architectural and interior design is excellent...the combined greenery, open walkways, and skydeck make this a truly unique and memorable hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mr_Bill_212, it's always a joy to hear from our regular guests like yourself. Thank you again for the positive review and I look forward to your next visit. Gino
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel building is very beautiful, the rooms are excellent(I stayed in a premier room). I was really impressed by the green concept implemented at the hotel. However really disappointed by the service at the hotel. I felt the staff were not well equipped to serve the guest. Breakfast was really really disappointing, not much varieties and the staff seemed confused who to serve , where to go or what to do. The chef at the cooking stand didn't look chef cooking at a 5 star hotel and didn't want to be where they were.
Overall hotel is nice but I would look for other hotel in my next trip to Singapore.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mukhtar75
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Mukhtar75, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I note your comments on the breakfast at Lime and have shared your feedback with the relevant department for their review. I value your patronage and hope to welcome you back in the future for a more successful experience. Gino
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for my Boyfriend Birthday staycation on 22th March 2014. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Fast check-in, Friendly Staff and They even serve us welcome drink upon check-in which I think it's really thoughtful.
Our deluxe room was on 13th Floor with a wonderful view over the city, clean and cozy room .
Thank you so much for the complimentary birthday cake and card :) .

Room Tip: Higher floor, We stayed at Room 1328 :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynn_Lina, thank you for sharing your staycation experience with us. I am happy to read that our associates added that extra touch to your boyfriend's birthday celebration and I hope both of you will return for another memorable hotel experience soon. Gino