“Can be more perfect” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“Can be more perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spend 2 nights after the boxing days, the hotel location & design is excellent as everyone mention. We had a warm welcome at the reception. The check-in & check-out process is quick.
One point to mention is they did not explain that there is shuttle bus service to the city, it was too late when I noticed as I am waiting for the taxi to the airport.
However, concierge desk can improve, act slowly when you come down from taxi, no help when you come down from lift. I realised they always chatting instead of pay attention to the client. Since, the lift to the taxi point do have a distance especially when you have luggage.
The turndown service only come on the first night, so when I want it (actually I want to have some ice) on the second night, you had to call them again, don't know what is their policy.

They do listen & do very much to co-operate when you wrote to them. Really want to thanks to Serena Khoo again & again. Overall, I do enjoy very much of the stay, nice hotel, nice atmosphere & people. Will try to stay longer on the next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor room will have good view of the city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear louisakflo, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I was very happy to read you enjoyed the overall experience but very disappointed to hear about your experiences with our Concierge and Housekeeping department. We take great pride at the PARKROYAL on Pickering in delivering genuine, relaxed and personalised service. Obviously you did not receive that and for that, I sincerely apologise. I appreciate your patience and look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL on Pickering for a more successful experience. Thanks. Hans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent a week at PARKROYAL on Pickering over Christmas in a Premier Club Room. Room was excellent, perhaps a little short on storage space for an 8 day stay but great view, comfortable bed, great shower, great location just a short walk to Clark Quay. The Orchid Club was very worthwhile giving consideration to the fact that refreshments were available all day, cocktails and very good snacks in the evening, champagne breakfast and afternoon tea available. We were meeting up with friends and their adult children also staying at this hotel with a Club room so Orchid Club was a very useful meeting place in this respect. Staff throughout the hotel were very professional and charming, special mention to the ladies in the Orchid Club who added such a festive atmosphere to the club and Ibrahim at the front desk for giving us great customer service. Breakfast was lovely, good gym and lovely pool, albeit the water was rather cold! Cannot fault this hotel, will definitely stay again and no hesitation in recommending it to friends who want to spend time in Singapore.

Room Tip: Premium Club rooms were great, rooms overlooking the quay seemed to have better views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear myview P, great to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas celebrations at PARKROYAL on Pickering. I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location and that our Orchid Club Lounge associates made you feel right at home. On behalf of the team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Hans
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this place and absolutely loved it. The design is great, the room was very spacious and clean, with a great view and all amenities you need. We were using the Club lounge upstairs and enjoyed fantastic snacks and cocktails daily. All the girls upstairs were very nice and welcomed us by name and even knew our favorite seat! Also Michelle from Housekeeping was fantastic, we ordered some extra soft pillows and she went out of her way to let us try out which one would suit us best. The pool is amazing, with a spectacular view... We also enjoyed buffet dinner which was great in variety and quality. In general, some of the staff/runners at the restaurant could be a little bit more service-oriented or welcoming, e.g. some of them cut our way sometimes on the way to the buffet or did not smile at us when we ordered something, but have to admit we always came there at busy times during breakfast and dinner and it is only a minor point. The location is very central and you will find everything you need, from shops, restaurants to train stations in a short walking distance. We had a great time and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janine K
Dear Janine K, it is indeed my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive review and in particular for highlighting Michelle and our Housekeeping team! I will definitely be sharing this with them. Thanks again! Hans
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The ParkRoyal on Pickering is a great new hotel in Singapore. The place breaths eco-friendly; literally, there are trees on every level of the building which makes the hotel a sight to be seen from both the inside and outside. The location is perfect for business travelers working in the CBD and breakfast at the Lime restaurant is awesome.

Be sure when getting a cab to the hotel you let them know it's the ParkRoyal on Pickering specifically (since there are two ParkRoyals in Singapore). It also helps to tell them it's the new hotel with the trees growing on the outside of the building.

Overall, it was a great stay- I'll return on my next trip to Singapore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allison C
Dear Allison C, it’s always a delight to hear from a happy guest. Thank you for the tip on taxi ride and our locale! I am also pleased to read that you recognised our green efforts and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel-in-a-garden very soon. Hans
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Am currently here for 3 nights, including New Year's Eve, so at an extortionate rate (so be it).

The hotel's design is beautiful and deserving if its praise. Amazing use of water and plants throughout and WOHA architects have done an incredible job with the concrete exterior and wooden design in the lobby too.

The deluxe room i'm in reminds me of Oasia hotel at Novena with its use of light wood elements.
A shame the shower and toilet area is so cramped and the shower's water pressure is weak.

The club lounge is spacious and welcoming with great views. The staff are friendly and it's a lovely space to spend time in.

The hotel is connected at Chinatown station to both the NE MRT line and the new Downtown line, so very convenient.

My only niggle with this hotel is the bizarre use of nasty cheap toiletries in the bathroom, which IMO doesn't fit with the hotel's image. They don't even provide soap for the shower. Luckily Chinatown Point mall is outside so you can buy done decent shampoo n shower gel. The turndown 'service' was also odd - duvet folded over and an ice bucket but wet towels remained on floor and rubbish wasn't taken.

So I have rather mixed feelings overall with this hotel - I'd probably stick with the Fairmont where I just spent the previous 6 nights, even though I never had a club room there.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear GaryinSydney, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I agree that WOHA has done a wonderful job and our iconic building has indeed injected a breath of fresh air into the city’s skyline. I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location and that our Orchid Club associates made you feel welcomed. I greatly appreciate the honesty of your remarks and I agree with you that the turndown service was unacceptable, it should not have happened and for that I sincerely apologise. I’m sorry you didn’t find the St. Gregory toiletries comfortable, they’re actually bottled from the award-winning St. Gregory spa which is located on level 5 of our hotel, I have taken note of your preference and we’ll be able to provide an alternative choice of toiletries. I appreciate your patience and hope to be able to welcome you back to PARKROYAL on Pickering in the future for a more successful experience. Thanks again. Hans
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Pros:
1. New hotel, close to public transport, MRT, close to city, harbour front, chinatown.
2. View is amazing
3. Love the toilet (booked the premier room, toilet layout is different, faces the plants, an interesting feeling when you use the toilet because of its open/discreet concept)
4. Breakfast is awesome, lots of variety

Cons:
1. Check-in abit slow
2. Swimming pool is very popular... so much so that its crowded even at closing times
3. USB socket not working.

Room Tip: Try to book Premier rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear decchub, thanks for your feedback. While it sounds like you had an overall postive experience, I sincerely apologise for the check-in speed and USB issue. Thank you for your patience and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. Hans
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

for a traveller, location of hotel are so important. Park Royal on Pickering not just near to Chinatown MRT, but also just next to Clark Quay and Chinatown area, that is so easy for dining and shopping! I love their green-eco design, can feel the green like stay in a forest in a heart of city Singapore! Must visit to their Swimming pool which surround by bird cage rest cube, the jogging track near to swimming pool make me surprise! I think Japanese Writer Murakami Haruki will definitely love this hotel. I am a food lover, taste everything delicious during my travel journey, and I seldom love the restaurant in hotel, but LIME restaurant in Park Royal on Pickering are so so so delicious! I try their Dinner & Breakfast, only can say "Yummy!", "Ho Chiak"(Hokkian), "Hao Chi 好吃"(Chinese). in the room, everything you think you need you can find in, open the small fridge, those small tiny bottle liquor are perfect match with the city night view from 14 floor. This hotel provided a good quality of bath toiletries product, my darling love it so much! Honestly say, not just for travel stay, Park Royal on Pickering also a good choice for staycation too! We plan to stay here everyyear for our yearly Singapore Honeymoon Trip.

Room Tip: - choose higher floorso can have great a city view! - wake up early for breakfast @ LIME, breakfast...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear CY_ChenYue, it is my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon experience with us. Thnk you for making PARKROYAL on Pickering your preferred choice and I am most pleased to learn of your commendation towards our culinary team at Lime. Do drop us a note when you are planning your next annual honeymoon. We will love to have you stay with us again! Hans