“Great Design”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #25 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 11, 2013

PARKROYAL is fairly new and is a triumph of clever, attractive design. Lovely tall spacious reception, charming restaurant and bar and external corridors taking you past the vertical jungle that is thriving on hotel facades and giving the building a very, very green feel. Scenic windows and bath tubs in (modestly sized)
rooms, clean lined furniture and a small but perfectly appointed swimming pool and gym halfway up the tower and overlooking the town. This hotel is an experience. There are more opulent and comfortable places in the world and in its neighbourhood but this one is a delight. And the staff is friendly and helpful, food is very good and varied and there is a buffet available 24/7 to serve its globe trotting clientele. And you can go for a skywalk through the hanging gardens! Go!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear SashaK66, I am happy to hear that you liked the overall design of our hotel. With more than 15,000 square metres of lofty sky gardens, trees and lush greenery, PARKROYAL on Pickering is truly a hotel-in-a-garden. Thanks for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. I will definitely share your comments with the team. Hans

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The three of us stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at the Premier Room. The premier room offered a single sofa bed so can sleep up to 3 adults with no extra charge.

The lobby of the hotel is very impressive upon entry. Well designed with high ceiling decorated with artistic, yet functional furniture. There are also green plants planted throughout the hotel, so full marks for going green.

The room itself was spacious and clean, again emphasising on the "green" concept by utilising wooden floor board and furniture. The large bathroom had a shower and separate toilet. To our disappointment however, there was no bath. We also found the ventilation of the bathroom a little stuffy, especially after a hot steamy shower.

There was a little hiccup on breakfast. Our package was suppose to include breakfast and we got in without any problem on our first day. When we went in our 2nd day - we were declined as they say our package did not include breakfast. We were in a hurry that day and had only 15 mins for breakfast, so after some fuzz at the restaurant and check-in counter, we were told to have our breakfast first and they will sort it out later. Other than this, the breakfast selection is fantastic offering both western and Asian style food.

The housekeeping staff were attentive. The hotel did get the date of my husband's birthday wrong but in the end, they sent us two complementary cakes on different dates. But great efforts for making up the error.

Overall it's a highly recommended hotel in Singapore and with time, I'm sure they will further fine tune their service to avoid small hiccups. A very enjoyable stay!

Stayed: November 2013

Dear CezCLee, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride at PARKROYAL on Pickering in providing genuine, relaxed and personalised service and I am proud of the team for delivering that. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future. Hans

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend one night in Singapore before heading home to Manila after 2 weeks travel in Europe. Normally, when in Singapore I chose hotels near Marina Bay because I love to be near the waters. Since this was only an overnight stay, we tried this new hotel and availed of their executive lounge. I believe since this is relatively new, there are things that need improvement. Like the choices of food during breakfast or even the presentation. Nothing much to look forward even during the cocktail. But what i really appreciate most in this hotel are the people working there, from the doorman to the staff in reception and executive floor. They were so nice and accommodating. Easy to converse with and very receptive of our request or even complaints like the food. Our room was nice, cool design and comfortable with a big picture window but not much of a view.
The gym and the pool area are fantastic though. Something welcoming to guests who loves to swim, exercise or simply laze by the pool.
The hotel is accessible to shopping areas like China town, Orchard etc.

3  Thank WanderCezy

Dear CezCLee, thank you for staying at PARKROYAL on Pickering during the stopover. I have shared your feedback about the culinary offerings with the team for their review. It is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly adapt and improve our services.Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon. Hans

Reviewed November 9, 2013

A newish hotel which was excellent in every sense. Perhaps they need a bar which is slightly more congenial but that is a minor matter against the rest of the hotel. The staff were excellent, friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Christopher F, thank you for commendation towards the hotel and our team. I have taken note of your constructive feedback about the bar and hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon. Hans

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Park Royal on Pickering is a relatively "new" hotel, which I believe opened in March 2013. Although they continue to work through some growing pains, the result of their efforts continue to be fantastic. I recently spent two weeks at this hotel and found it to be nearly flawless.

First of all, the first impression can go a long way. The hotel is located right in the middle of the business district with easy access to the MRT, Clark/Boat Quay, and China Town. The hotel has multiple outdoor gardens which appear to be located about every 4th floor above the 5th floor of the building. This feature not only creates great curb appeal, but also adds to the overall view when looking out of the windows from within the room.

I recently stayed in room 1502 and thought that the room was fantastic. The location was great and allowed for minimal views of others within the hotel (including the orchid club lounge). However, the garden floor on 14 may have been more desirable just for a little more greenery view when looking out the window and for the added perception of privacy. In addition, I opted for the club lounge rate which is a great value for the discerning traveler as the slight increase in the rate for my visit, more than paid for itself with the access to the club lounge which provided breakfast (with champagne), afternoon tea, evening appetizers which easily make a meal, and cocktails from 6pm-8pm. Although cocktails are only served during the two hour period, beer/wine/champagne are available throughout the day until close. This service, added to the accumulative laundry service, free internet and free non-alcoholic mini-bar beverages reduced my overall expenses I would have incurred otherwise.

Last, but not least, let me compliment the Service of the all lady staff that operates the Orchid Lounge. The all femail staff (less the one gent that prepares omelets and evening appetizers) seem to have to go through some type of screening to where they must look very similar and perhaps have the same requirements to be a flight attendant on Singapore Airlines. Let me assure you that the friendliness and level of service is top notch. There were a few let-downs, which was due to the short staff where the hotel had to rotate some of the desk staff which were ultimately overlooked as part of the hotel growth and was only a slight inconvenience. However, the long-term staff are GREAT at what they do and make sure they get to know the names and habits of individuals they serve, regardless of the length of the guests' stay.

If you are looking to relax by the pool - it is on the 5th floor which appears to always have a breeze. Believe it or not, it is possible to freeze in Singapore simply by jumping into the waters of the infinitely pool. I love cool water, but this was a little extreme for me. One quick dip became super quick and my only attempt at cooling off as I felt it was more of a Polar Plunge. Regardless, I'm sure others found it refreshing and this was my only qualm which is nothing to really consider from my perspective.

If you are looking for a hotel in Singapore - this is the hotel for you. Ask for a high floor with a room # from 01-04 as I think these provide the best location. Try and request a floor where the gardens are located (e.g. 14th floor) and be sure to get to the Orchid Lounge. My only fear with this hotel is that they will soon be raising their rates which will most likely keep me from returning. If this hotel continues with its existing services and relatively similar price point, I will make a Repeat Visit to this facility in the future.

Room Tip: High floors, rooms with garden, and room #s from 01-04 are the best locations.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ManFromIndiana

Dear ManfromIndiana, I am delighted to hear of your positive experience staying on the Orchid Club floor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the service and offerings available for our Club guests and I am quite sure that many travellers will find your suggestions in the review very useful. Thanks again for writing and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Hans

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for our wedding banquet (the service & food was awesome), and we did a our staycation nights at ParkRoyal on Pickering. The hotel was extremely clean, location was great and the breakfast was superb! Our major plus review was for the Hotel staff, from the front door til' the room service all are extremely helpful since we did quite a lot of requests for them.

All we can say is, ParkRoyal on Pickering gave us the best experience to stay around Singapore :)

2  Thank oween

Dear oween, thanks for choosing PARKROYAL on Pickering to celebrate that special occasion.I am most pleased to learn of your commendations towards our associates and I will definitely to convey your compliments to them. Hans

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in Parkroyal for 3 nights. We simply loved it and can't think of any flaws. Location is great, the hotel and the rooms are stylish and comfy. The pool area is a real oasis after a day of sightseeing. Staff was friendly and easy going. Breakfast was very good. Besides all this, it's also good value for money. We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hans-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Notenbrood, thank you for sharing your great review with us on TripAdvisor! I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our infinity-edged pool and the dedicated wellness floor, it’s definitely one of the best places to relax and unwind. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel-in-a-garden soon! Hans