“This hotel has a huge WOW factor and I loved my stay here”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #25 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
San Francisco, California
“This hotel has a huge WOW factor and I loved my stay here”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Parkroyal Pickering is just WOW. Had to stay here for business and a conference and everything about this place is impressive. It's brand new, very cool, and trendy. The rooms are really nice, very modern, almost what a W Hotel should be like. I really found the technology to be so fun, like the light panels in the walls that light up when it senses your fingers. The amenities, quality of the room, and how new it all was, was just great.

The ballroom and conference service was absolutely fantastic as well. Very, very nice. I loved the Lime restaurant in the lobby. Open restaurant concept works here and the quality of food, presentation and service was stellar.

Lastly, the pool and gym was awesome. Was a nice surprise to find an infinity pool here. The location is pretty good too. Very close to Chinatown and the MTR there.

Highly recommended stay for both business and pleasure. I really want to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ausbilly
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear youngaussie, thank you for your review and great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Your positive feedback is certainly encouraging as we continue to seek for improvement towards excellence. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again for a memorable hotel experience in the near future!...David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel had just opened less than 2 weeks befor my first stay. Few teething problems but on the whole excellent. Fabulous room with excellent facilities. Loved the garden areas and water flowing on every level. Pool amazing. Views too. Breakfast buffet choice good. Architecture of building really original- not eveyone's taste but really did appeal to me. Booked in again on my way back to UK from Sydney.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael C, thank you for your comment and I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during our opening days. I am delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you back for a refreshing experience in the near future!...David
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved this hotel - design, decor, location, staff - all great! Orchid Club lounge staff have to be complimented for their friendliness and great service. They also make great cocktails. We had dinner at Lime one night, ordering from their a la carte menu, which had a great choice of dishes. Service and food quality was very good. Looking forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Orchid Club rooms are worth the extra!
1 Thank Redruby15
Dear 4rubylou, thank you for your review and in particular, for acknowleging the efforts of our associates. That means a lot to them! We have a great team and they are always eager to welcome guests to our unique hotel-in-a-garden. Thanks again…David
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I gave this hotel a try as it is a new hotel in Singapore featured in a number of travel magazines. The hotel is conveniently located close to Chinatown, just about a minute of walk from the MRT station. Green is the concept of this hotel, so there are lots of natural light in rooms and the lobby and lots of plants. A well designed hotel indeed.

A refreshing welcome drink was offered at check-in which is a well thought idea. The room was spacious and the bed was quite comfortable. Unfortunately there was a major problem with housekeeping - ants. I saw a number of ants in the washbasin area. This is definitely not something to be expected in a hotel which charges over SGD300 a night. I mentioned this to the staff at checkout and was told that housekeeping would be informed for follow-up. This gave me the impression the staff was not aware of the severity of this problem. I thought this was an isolated incident until I have read another review here which noted the same issue. Pest control is clearly lacking in this hotel.

Another problem is the long queue at breakfast at weekend. There seemed to be not enough staff clearing the table quickly to accommodate the waiting guests, so there were many empty chairs and a long line.

The design of the hotel is quite impressive and the rooms are comfy, however hygiene is above all other factors when choosing a hotel, I have no choice but to give an overall Poor rating. I am not ready to recommend this hotel to my friends until things improve.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank exe_ck
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear exe_ck, thank you for your review. I greatly appreciate the honesty of your remarks and assure you I am personally investigating both situations. If there is anything further you would like to share with me please contact me directly at david.sullivan@parkroyalhotels.com. Thank you again...David
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Me and my hubby stayed here for 5 nights last August '13
The hotel is brand new, everything is nice and clean.

The service was good. The plus of this hotel is the location, between chinatown and clarke quey. (walking distance). You will always easily find a taxi in front of the hall or if you prefer there is a very close MRT stop.

The pool is nice, not too big but comfy with these colorful "cabanas".
The service at the pool was quite slow.. but in general a nice choice!

We just didn't like the strange complimentary bottles of water provided by the hotel. They gave us this nice glass bottle of water ... but the bottle were not tight close.. it was a kind of refillable bottles... Why?!?! I found that very cheap and not nice.. You will never know what kind of water is that.. I really hope they will change that!

After all, I would definitively suggest to choose it for your stay in Singapore!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dhabifudge
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear annanol, thank you for your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you recognised the hotel's great location. Please be assured that the complimentary water housed in the glass bottle is safe for consumption. As part of our eco-friendly initiatives, the water in the guest room is bottled in-house using the Natura Water Purification system, which helps eliminate the waste and carbon footprint from the manufacture, transportation and disposal of conventional plastic bottles. We hope our guests will join us in our efforts to run sustainable, green-friendly operations!....David
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked a premier room for my staycation over the weekends and I was very satisfied with it. The room has a big transparent glass panel behind the bed, with a sofa bed beside it where you can sit there relax and enjoy the scenery of the Clark Quay and Chinatown area. The lightings of the room and the bathroom can be adjusted to different modes, pretty cool. I was rather amazed by the open concept of the corridors while I walked through it to my room. There are small fountains and hanging vines beside the walkway.
The only disappointment was the breakfast. Not much variety and food doesn't taste awesome.

Room Tip: Choose Premier or the suites room at a higher floor for better scenery view.
1 Thank starrybizarre
Dear starrybizzare, It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad to learn of your commendation towards the guestroom. We too take note of your feedback on the breakfast spread and take it on board to seek for improvements where necessary. The team at PARKROYAL on Pickering looks forward to having another pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future…David
Perth
Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the friendly & efficient welcome complete with complimentary lime juice to check out 7 days later we had a brilliant stay.
We had a premium room package c/w breakfast, great city views from the 11th floor. Breakfast at Lime was a teat to start the day, I even had the Asian style one morning. The choice of cereals, fruit, breads, pastries, cheese as well as the hot options were magnificent. The staff were more than helpful with endless tea, coffee & water.
The pool, gym on the 5th floor are of a high standard, a swim after a couple of hours on the go is a welcome relief.
The room is bright, airy & modern. Great options for TV, wifi & computers. Bed & furniture are very comfortable. The rooms were kept clean & linen, towels were changed every day.
Our fabulous week in Singapore started & ended with the Parkroyal on Pickering.
Highly recommended for all visitors to Singapore.

2 Thank JonofWilson
Dear JonofWilson, thank you for sharing your review with us on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience in the near future!...David