PARKROYAL on Pickering
    Hotel Mono(Singapore)
    Average 3/5
    • Breakfast included
    3,350 results
    All reviewslime restaurantorchid clubeco friendly hotelhanging gardensnight blindsinfinity poolclarke quayjunior suitechampagne breakfastbeautiful hotelchinatown pointthe club loungewelcome drinkclose to china townchinatown mrtfloor to ceiling windowsevening cocktails
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just spent 3 nights in this property and enjoyed it! Apparently it opened in January, the rooms are not the biggest - but very comfortable with a clever layout. Good location to walk to Clarkes Quai and to Chinatown, 20 minutes to/from Changi Airport. I would return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank Flohk59
    David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Flohk59, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you appreciated the atmosphere and took advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!....David

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a staycation, and since it was a relatively new hotel, we didn't know what to expect. I must say though, although the rooms aren't big by size, how the rooms were laid out and the use of ambient light made it look so much bigger! It's definitely a business hotel; ability to connect to the TV via hdmi/vga/usb came standard and integrated into the room. Hairdryer, waterboiler, and a well stocked fridge were hidden nicely behind cupboards. A sliding door which separates the sleeping area and the toilet could be left open, and the room feels much bigger than it looks just like that. Also, lights/temperature were controlled by 3 proximity touch panels, and day/night blinds with a switch. It'd that kind of room you'd expect from TV shows that integrates technology into your living space, and this was such a great example of that.

The hotel was just beside chinatown MRT, and is a stone throw away from most places in the city, which makes it a great place to stay in. Also, our room had a pretty decent view of the city as well. I didn't encounter any bouts of bad service, and most service staff we met were friendly and helpful.

In short, if you're looking for a business hotel, this definitely is a great option. For a staycation, it's great as well as it's comfortable and accessible to the city. Do not expect this hotel to be overly frilly, but with it's simplicity, it'll win you over.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear iceyfiery, thanks for the review. I must say I really enjoyed reading your description of our guest rooms and amenities. It’s great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back at our hotel soon. Thanks... David

Reviewed August 9, 2013

One word - WoWw! It's my first visit to this hotel, and I have to say the hotel environment, room, service and location are perfect. Not to mention, there're lot of eateries just behind the hotel, through great eastern building. Besides that, Chinatown and Buddha Tooth Relic Temple are all just walking distance. I'm definitely going to stay in this hotel for my next Singapore trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Ser-Eng
    David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Ser-Eng, thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you recognised the hotel's great location. Please do not hesitate to approach our friendly PARKROYAL associates for more tips on other places of interests to check out the next time you stay with us!....David

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My Wife son and I have just returned from 2 stays, one week apart in the excellent Parkroyal on Pickering. Given the high rack rate of all quality hotels in Singapore, I gave all of the big chain brands due consideration but plumped for the PoP, given its location and new concept. I originally booked a Club Room but after discussing with the Rooms Director, Faizal, that my wife and I were celebrating a special anniversary we received a very generous suite upgrade (thank you for the wine & cake in the room). Our first stay was 3 nights in room 1431, which was spectacular. The new, modern feel and use of light woods, touch sensitive room controls, the very high standard of all of the bathroom fittings and flooring were very impressive and comfortable. The floor to ceiling windows and corner suite gave a superb panoramic view of the city, almost all of the way to Marina bay. Our second stay was in suite 1430, a direct mirror image of our previous room, but with a 180 degree view of the CBD.
    The pool deck is warm in the morning and cool in the afternoon when the sun passes, the beds are comfortable and whilst the pool isn`t huge, the view from the pool`s edge more than compensates.
    The Orchid Club lounge is expertly managed by all of the ladies in the team, a big thanks to Jobelyn and everyone else for making us feel welcome, comfortable and for remembering that my wife preferred a bit more grenadine in her Singapore Sling! The chefs at breakfast and at evening cocktails were always helpful and professional and prepared delicious warm food.
    The location is ideal, 3 minutes from Chinatown and the MRT, do walk through Chinatown Point on your way through to Chinatown. It`s a busy mall, with many stores and brands particular to this part of town. Chinatown is great for cheaper eats and bargain souvenirs. 5 minutes either way take to you to Clarke quay and Boat quay, the former is good in the evenings with some more western brand eateries (Hooters) and bars. Boat quay is good for the views of the laser show if you can`t be bothered to go down to Marina bay, but be warned you will pay a premium for food & drink for the view!
    Once again, big thanks to Faizal, Shelly, Jobelyn and the team in the Orchid Club and the concierge team. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend the new Parkroyal to both discerning tourists and business people alike.

Room Tip: Cub rooms are well worth the extra !
    • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank neiljm

Dear Neiljm, thank you for making PARKROYAL on Pickering your preferred choice and I am most pleased to learn of your commendation towards our team for the quality of service. Your positive feedback is certainly encouraging and we continue to seek for improvement towards excellence. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again for a memorable hotel experience in the near future!...David

Reviewed August 7, 2013

"Urban oasis" might sound cliché, yet this hotel has redefined the term in the most delicate manner. The rooms are walled by floor-to-ceiling windows, including the bathroom. The bed is the cure for insomnia. Green is the theme, and this hotel is not just taking it as a gimmick. The pool area is trully a retreat, the gym is huge and fully equipped, and the lush sky garden is a great space for a jog. I love hanging out in the business lounge because it's more like a spacious communcal pantry - very intimate, relaxing, and it also serves delicious cakes and great coffee. The service is top notch. I am glad I said yes when the receptionist offered me a room upgrade because I could have an access to this business lounge anytime I wanted. Location is convenient; a walk to MRT, short taxi rides to Orchard and business districts, and close to Chinatown. It's not just among the best deals in Singapore, the hotel is also the wisest choice for travellers with high environmental awareness.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
    2  Thank vehandojo

Dear Vehandojo, thank you for your gracious review and great to know that you enjoyed the room, our eco-concept and the full suites of Orchid Club Lounge privileges. I have to say that our Orchid Club Lounge is indeed one of its kind with its home-kitchen concept and personalised service. Thanks again for recommending us on Tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back for a memorable experience in the near future!...David