“At last a real Choucroute!”
Review of L'assiette - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
L'assiette
Cuisines: French
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been looking for a decent Choucroute in Singapore for a long time...
After a few digusting tries in some renowned places, I tried L'assiette...
As I like to say when I hit a goodie : THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE!
2 big thumbs up for this place!
If you are not fan of this dish, there is enough to choose from. But if you are looking, just go there!
The setting is perfect, the service is excellent, the food is wonderful!
Bravo!

3  Thank JMADeromedi

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was brought there by a french friend for dinner a while ago. She told me that this is somewhere near this neighborhood that we can find some authentic french foods. It is located at a pretty nice environment because this dining area is surrounded by some beautifully architected terrace house.

I've forgotten what's ordered by my french girl friends but myself I was having Escargots as my starters. It surprised me when I tried this dish because I have never imagined having curry escargots in my life!! The flavor copes pretty well with the escargot and I'll say that it is a good choice for starter.

For main, I took choucroute. I love this main course even though it's quite a heavy portion for one person but the combination of different sausages with the homemade sauerkraut is perfect. I finished the dish even though I was complaining that I was full. I would highly recommend you to try it if you go over to L'assiette next time.

And perfectly, due to the high protein that I had consumed, I was craving for sweet to finish off my meal!! There weren't much choices for desserts ( I think there're 4 to 5 you can choose from) but I heard from my french friend that all of them are highly recommended. Therefore, I was playing safe and chose mousse au chocolat! And it was not kidding, the dessert disappear in 2 min after it arrived on our dining table. This is a fantastic homemade chocolate mousse!!